Jill in Marketbar (Grand Indonesia Shopping Town, Jakarta) - Closed

Exterior

(What's to eat when you don't feel like eating?)

That's what I am thinking about that day, I don't know why, but I really don't feel like eating that day, I guess it's caused by the odd weather in Jakarta lately, it can be raining all day long today and it can be super humid on the next day. So, I found a restaurant called Jill in Marketbar and I looked at a segment called "A Little Bit Hungry" on their menu which consisted of various unique side dishes such as truffle fries and stuffed crispy potato skin which I will discuss later. Feeling that it was a right choice to have light dinner with various unique side dishes, I decided to eat at Jill in Marketbar.

Interior
Interior
The restaurant itself is quite big and spacey, I reckon they can accommodate 60-70 people. They have smoking area which is located near the bar and the non smoking area which is located near the cake display window. The concept of the restaurant itself is bar, so you would see many bottles of alcoholic drinks on the display.

Let's get started with the food!

German Potato Salad (IDR 15k)
German Potato Salad

(What... is.. that..?)

Those were words that came up on my mind when this menu arrived on my table. German potato salad consists of sliced potato, pork bacon (you can choose whether you want it to be served with turkey or pork) and nuts. The presentation was quite unflattering and untidy, but I changed my mind when I tasted it, it was SUPER DELICIOUS! (you really shouldn't judge a food by it looks, right?)

I'm not exaggerating, but it was really delicious, I never thought German potato salad would be delicious like this. The pork bacon was savory, fragrant and generously given considering the price is quite cheap. The potato was salted nicely and it was drenched by olive oil. The combination was just perfect and I'm craving of this German potato salad right now! (sigh!)

German Potato Salad

Stuffed Crispy Potato Skin (IDR 30k)
Stuffed Crispy Potato Skin
Stuffed crispy potato skin consists of crispy potato skin, mashed potato and turkey bacon (you can choose turkey or pork bacon) topped with melted cheese and sour cream. It was super delicious, the potato skin was crispy, and the mashed potato was really soft. Even though I couldn't really feel the turkey bacon because it's been overpowered by the melted cheese and sour cream, the potato itself was already nice and it was a perfect snack for potato lovers like me!

Stuffed Crispy Potato Skin

Truffle Fries (IDR 35k)
Truffle Fries

(Another potato-based food? Yes, Please!!)

The truffle fries consists of french fries with grated parmesan cheese and truffle infused mayonnaise. The french fries tasted like usual french fries, but the truffle infused mayonnaise was delicious, even though it was a bit oily, it tasted pretty decent.

Iced Lychee Tea (IDR 28k)
Iced Lychee Tea
The iced lychee tea was indeed a thirst-quencher! I love how it was not overly sweet and had strong lychee taste. Oh, and I love how they served the lychees on a skewer!

Virgin Bellini (IDR 40k)
Virgin Bellini
Actually, I would like to order Blueberry Cheesetail but it was unavailable at that time and the waiter suggested me to try their Virgin Bellini. It consists of peach, peach syrup, orange juice and lemonade, and the portion was quite big, I didn't expect they would serve it in huge glasses like that. It tasted pretty decent, a bit sour, tangy and sweet at the same time. I love the combination and it was a thirst-quencher indeed!

Overall, I enjoyed my light dinner at Jill in Marketbar, the service was friendly and quick, the food was unexpectedly delicious despite its unflattering appearance and the ambiance was nice. I would love to eat their super delicious German potato salad again next time!

Jill in Marketbar
Grand Indonesia Shopping Town, West Mall Lv. 5 Block ED2 No. 15
Jl. MH. Thamrin No. 1, Thamrin, Jakarta
(021) 215 80408

Opening Hours:
Mon - Thu: 10:00 am - 10:00 pm
Fri - Sat: 10:00 am - 12:30 am
Sun: 10:00 am - 10:00 pm

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Get latest update on your feed!
Follow me on:

No comments

Powered by Blogger.