Lobbyn Kitchen & Bar (Kemang, Jakarta)

Interior

Lobbyn Kitchen & Bar is a restaurant that is located in Fave Hotel Kemang and also served as the hotel banquet. The restaurant has 2 kinds of dining area, the first one is indoor area which is located on the 1st floor and the second one is rooftop area which is located on the 7th floor. I opted for the rooftop area because the indoor area is just common and too mainstream for me. 


Interior
It was cloudy that day, so it was a perfect choice to have lunch (a super late lunch and early dinner) at rooftop because the temperature was not overly hot and humid. I believe they mentioned that they are open at 5 p.m., but I got there earlier and I saw some people already having their food there. (maybe 5 p.m. is the opening hours for public?)

Rooftop Dining Area
Bar
The rooftop restaurant is located near the swimming pool and it is nicely decorated with wood material. The scenery was pretty nice even though it was cloudy that day. (I always loved viewing scenery from high places!) They also have bar with various alcoholic drinks on the rooftop restaurant.

Let's get started with their food!

Banana Fritter (IDR 25k)
Banana Fritter
The banana fritter is basically fried banana with shredded cheese, chocolate sauce, whipped cream and strawberry. It was crunchy outside and soft inside, and I love how the sweetness was really well adjusted. The strawberry also did a great job in neutralizing the sweetness from the banana and chocolate sauce.

Pizza Mixed Lobbyn Style (IDR 45.5k)
Pizza Mixed Lobbyn Style
The pizza was disappointing, the crust was undercooked, the mozzarella cheese was slightly given and the sauce was weird. I never tasted pizza like this before, I do hope they improve the taste of their pizza rather than only giving huge amounts of tasteless meat, I was hoping a good meat lovers pizza though.

Pizza Mixed Lobbyn Style

Fish and Chip (IDR 42.5k)
Fish and Chip
The fish and chip tasted pretty decent, the battered fish and potato wedges was nicely seasoned although it was served in small portion. Thanks to the tartar sauce, it contributed a lot in elevating the taste of this menu.

Crème brûlée (IDR 25.5k)
Crème brûlée
This one was pretty good, although I felt it was lacking of caramel on the top, I still love the eggy pudding because it was soft, silky and sweet. 

Watermelon Slush (IDR 30k)
Watermelon Slush
(It does look like normal watermelon juice, right?)

Yes, it tasted like a normal watermelon juice as well, I clearly saw they put this menu under mocktail section, so I expected this will be different than normal watermelon juice. It's pretty disappointing, but it's a nice and refreshing drink though.

Food

Overall, the food they served here was pretty decent, but it was lacking of something that would make me remember their food. I do hope they will improve the quality of their foods, the service was friendly but slow, I have to wait for more than one hour for the food. But, I have to say that the rooftop restaurant is nice and it's great to eat while viewing a great scenery once in a while, right?

Lobbyn Kitchen & Bar
Fave Hotel, Jl. Kemang I No.6, Jakarta, 11740
(021) 29529035
Website

2 comments:

  1. The pizza looked so sad and even homemade ones can look thousand times better, LOL! Have never been there but reading your review, I really don't wanna go anymore XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daisy!

      Thanks for reading, yeah I also think homemade ones will be better than this, nevertheless, they still provide great place for rooftop dining! :D

      Regards,
      Paulus

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.