Locale 24 Diner & Bar (Pantai Indah Kapuk, Jakarta)

Exterior

It has been raining all day long and it was really cold in Jakarta that day. (which is pretty unusual!) Seriously, the weather has been really strange lately, although I personally prefer cold weather rather than hot one, but sudden temperature changes really make me feel sick. Despite all of that, on that lazy and cold afternoon, I decided to eat at Locale 24 Diner & Bar which is located not really far from where I live. The restaurant itself was really easy to find thanks to its sparkling-green-bus appearance.

Exterior

Luckily, the rain stopped for a while and I immediately rushed to take a good exterior picture before the rain started pouring again!

Interior
Interior
Interior
Interior

The restaurant itself is quite spacey and it was decorated like a bus, the decorations are mostly dominated with green and white color. I love the interior of this restaurant because it is unique, classy and neat. (I even noticed rusts on the bus, unique!) It was not really crowded that day, and I got the best dining spot which is located near the window. (for a better lighting!)

Let's get started with their food!

Chicken Strips (IDR 32k)
Chicken Strips

For the appetizer, I ordered those crispy and moreish chicken strips. It was nice to know that they didn't use those infamous frozen chicken strips for this menu, because I hate it when restaurant opted to serve frozen chicken strips rather than homemade one. The one that they served here was pretty decent, it was crispy, warm and served along with chili sauce and tartar sauce.

Chicken Strips

Waffle with Fried Chicken Sandwich (IDR 42k)
Waffle with Fried Chicken Sandwich

Honestly, it was my first time trying waffle with fried chicken, because I usually eat waffle as a dessert. And I instantly fell in love with their Waffle with Fried Chicken Sandwich! I never though fried chicken would be a great match for waffle. The waffle was a bit hard, but it was crispy and moreish. The fried chicken was nicely fried, it was savory and seasoned nicely. Together, they produced sweet and savory sensation which is amazing, the sweetness came from the waffle matched really well with the savory fried chicken!

Now, I won't mind trying another savory things with waffle anymore!

Waffle with Fried Chicken Sandwich

Sin Cia Po Laksa (IDR 48k)
Sin Cia Po Laksa

Sin Cia Po Laksa is a combination of chicken, boiled eggs, shrimp, shrimp cakes, tofu and udon. The gravy contains a lot of coconut milk, it was creamy and tangy. The filling was generously given and tasted pretty decent, it was a perfect dish for rainy days indeed!

Sin Cia Po Laksa

Strawberry Peachtale (IDR 42k)
Strawberry Peachtale

I am so in love with the Strawberry Peachtale, it was a drink made from combination of strawberry and shredded peaches in one drink. It was quite sour but still refreshing and nice, and I love how they opted to serve it with shredded peaches rather than sliced one, so I could easily drink those shredded peaches directly from the straw. I have to say that it was one of the best mocktails that I ever had!

Food

Overall, I really enjoyed my visit to Locale 24 Diner & Bar, even though the service was mediocre, the price was quite affordable considering it is located in Pantai Indah Kapuk, and their food also managed to grab my attention, especially the Waffle with Fried Chicken Sandwich!

Locale 24 Diner & Bar
Pantai Indah Kapuk,Rukan Garden House Blok B10 , Jakarta, Indonesia, 14450
(021) 29033162

Opening Hours:
Mon - Sun : 24 Hours


Get latest update on your feed!
Follow me on:

*Since I couldn't find their restaurant on the map, I've put map for another place which is nearby the restaurant*

No comments

Powered by Blogger.