Social House (Grand Indonesia Shopping Town, Jakarta)

Interior

It was a busy day at the office and I decided to go out for a meal after I get off work. Having heard about this restaurant from my friend before, I decided to have an early dinner at Social House that day. The restaurant itself is a bit hard to find due to renovation that blocked the way to get to the restaurant, so you have to use the lift near Gramedia to reach Social House. You will be welcomed by Social House signpost and alley which will lead you to the restaurant.

Interior

The restaurant itself is huge and spacey, I reckon they can accommodate more than 100 people. The interior is decorated nicely with various kind of wooden things and bottles of beer. I went there around 4 p.m. on weekday, so it was not really packed with customers that day. They have separate dining area for main course and desserts, so you will be seated by the waiter according to types of food that you would like to eat.

Let's move on to the food!

Capricciosa Pizza (IDR 99k)
Capricciosa Pizza

The Capricciosa Pizza is a thin-crust pizza topped with tomatoes, mozzarella, ham, sausage, spicy pork salami (you can choose whether you want pork salami or beef salami), red peppers, boiled eggs, basil and chili oil. The portion was quite huge and I bet it is enough for 2 people. I didn't know if the boiled eggs were supposed to be hard-boiled or soft-boiled, but it was oozy and a little bit soft, still, I didn't have any complain regarding the semi soft-boiled eggs, because it was delicious!

The spicy pork salami and ham was generously given and tasted pretty decent. The basil and chili oil also did a great job in elevating the taste of the pizza. One thing that I really love from this pizza was the sausage, it was outstandingly delicious! It was sweet, salty, savory, aromatic and moreish. Overall, the pizza was super delicious and I wouldn't mind to have it all by myself!

Boiled Egg
Sausage

Tapas Sampler (IDR 125k)
Tapas Sampler

This menu is one of their Social Hour Sets which is available every Monday - Friday on 3 - 8 p.m. (excluding public holiday). The Tapas Sampler consists of various social house tapas in tasting portions and a choice of beverage. It was a perfect choice for those would like to try various kind of tapas in one plate.

The Tapas Sampler consists of:

Chicken Quesadilla
Chicken Quesadilla

The Chicken Quesadilla is basically a tortilla filled with cheese and chicken. The chicken was generously given and I love how the cheese flavor was really strong, it was super delicious and I'm craving for this dish right now!

Moroccan Meatballs
Moroccan Meatballs

The Morroccan Meatballs was beef meatballs topped with fresh tomato sauce and coriander. It tasted pretty decent, the meatballs was delicious and tender, but the tomato sauce was a bit too sour for my liking.

Ngohiong
Ngo Hiong

Ngo Hiong is Shanghai-style bean curd and meat rolls, it was drenched in honey sauce and (gosh!) it was super duper freaking delicious! The outer layer was crispy while the inner layer was stuffed with meat. I didn't even know how to describe this, but this snack was heavenly delicious!

Middle-Eastern Pastry
Middle-Eastern Pastry

The Middle-Eastern Pastry was filled with meat drenched in curry sauce, the curry flavor was strong and it tasted pretty decent for me.

Fried Calamari
Fried Calamari

(To be honest, I thought those were deep-fried chicken wings at first!)

The fried calamari was crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. It was quite delicious, though it was a little bit oily and lack of seasoning.

Peanut Butter Shake (IDR 45k)
Peanut Butter Shake

The Peanut Butter Shake is a drink made of peanut butter and topped with whipped cream. It was sweet, delicious, refreshing and  had a very nutty flavor. This one was definitely one of the best milkshakes that I ever had!

Cotton Candy (IDR 45k)
Cotton Candy

The Cotton Candy is one of mocktails that are served by Social House. It tasted pretty decent for me, it was a little bit sour but it was refreshing.

Homemade Grandma's Iced Lemon Tea (IDR 45k)
Homemade Grandma's Iced Lemon Tea

This one is definitely one of the best lemon tea that I ever had, it was filled with lemon slices, mint leaves and topped with refreshing lemon sorbet. I love how it was not overly sour and had a perfect level of sweetness and sourness.

Foods

Okay, I guess I have to talk a little bit about their poor service, the ill-mannered waiter who was in charge to serve me was really rude. First, the waiter kept giggling without any cause(s) when I placed my order, so I have to repeat my order several times because he didn't pay attention to what I said. Second, the Tapas Sampler was supposed to come with a choice of beverage, but the waiter didn't let me know about it until we asked whether we will be given a choice of beverage or not. Third, the waiter kept wandering around my table and attempted to clear the dishes even though there's still food left on my plate. What a disappointment! I thought I would get a good service from a great restaurant such as Social House, but thankfully, not all waiters were like that, some of them were polite and nice.

Overall, I quite enjoyed my visit to Social House, despite the poor service, the foods and beverages was delicious (some were superb!) and the place was cozy, unique and great. I just hope they would improve the service by educating their waiters about how to give good service to customers.  (to make it clear, not all waiters in Social House are ill-mannered, some of them were really nice and polite, but some was really rude)

Will I come back to Social House? the answer is maybe yes maybe no, I know they served great foods and provide cozy dining ambiance, but I wouldn't want to experience bad service for the second time.

Social House
Grand Indonesia, East Mall. 1st Floor, Jakarta, Indonesia 10310
Jl. MH Thamrin No. 1 Jakarta, 10310
+6221 2358 1818

Opening Hours:
Mon - Sun: 8:00 am - 1:00 am

Website | Facebook | Twitter

Get latest update on your feed!
Follow me on:

No comments

Powered by Blogger.