48 DimSum Place (Menteng, Jakarta)

Exterior

(Dim Sum on Sunday morning, anyone?)

Dim Sum is a kind of Chinese Food that is very popular nowadays in Indonesia, many people love to eat Dim Sum because of its uniqueness and deliciousness. You can easily find Chinese restaurant that served Dim Sum in Jakarta. 48 DimSum Place is one of the Chinese halal restaurant that specialized in serving Dim Sum and Chinese Food, they claimed not to use any pork or lard on their food. The restaurant is located in Menteng area and can be easily found thanks to its huge signage and red-colored decoration.

Reception
Interior
Interior
VIP Room
Condiments

The restaurant itself is quite big and spacey and I reckon they can accommodate up to 150 people. They have 3 kinds of dining area which are smoking area, non-smoking area and VIP room. They have 3 VIP room that can be used for private dining, each VIP room can accommodate up to 15 people. The decoration is mostly filled with wood material and Chinese-style decoration. You can also find a lot of steamer baskets decoration on the ceiling. (unique!)

Let's get started with their food!

Baby Duck (IDR 148k)
Baby Duck

Baby Duck is one of the specialty menus that is served by 48 DimSum Place, it is a roasted baby duck that has been stuffed with secret spices and (gosh!) it was heavenly delicious! The baby duck was perfectly roasted, the skin was crispy and the meat was soft, tender, and flavorful. The secret spices was really amazing and it did a great job in elevating the taste of whole dish. Baby Duck is definitely a must-try dish if you come to 48 DimSum Place!

Baby Duck

Tumis Otak-Otak dan Ikan Asin Kailan (IDR 78k)
Tumis Otak-Otak dan Ikan Asin Kailan

This dish is literally Stir-Fried Kai-lan with Fishcakes and Anchovies. I also noticed some slices of ginger and bell pepper on the dish. The Kai-lan was fresh and the fishcakes was generously given and tasted pretty delicious. Overall, this menu tasted pretty decent although the ginger was overpowering the whole dish in my opinion. 

Tumis Otak-Otak dan Ikan Asin Kailan

Nasi Goreng Ayam Ikan Asin (IDR 48k)
Nasi Goreng Ayam Ikan Asin

Nasi Goreng Ayam Ikan Asin is literally Fried Rice with Chicken and Anchovies (and bean sprouts). Appearance-wise, it might not seem really appealing because of its pale color, but when I tasted it, I literally fell in love with this dish, because it was super delicious! I always love Chinese-style fried rice and so is this one. The chicken was generously given and tasted delicious and I love how it was salty in a good way.

Udang Sauce Singapore (IDR 88k)
Udang Sauce Singapore

(Look at those huge prawns!)

The moment when this menu arrived at my table, my eyes unconsciously stared at those huge prawns. (I mean the prawns was really generously given and each of them was huge) The sauce was perfect as it had a balanced level of sweetness and sourness. The prawns was delicious and overall this menu tasted pretty delicious and the sauce was a perfect match for any buns, try to dip the Bakpao Cha Siew Ayam in the sauce and I bet you will love it!

Udang Sauce Singapore

Ayam Char Siu (IDR 48k)
Ayam Char Siu

Ayam Char Siu (Char Siu Chicken) is one of the signature Chinese food that is well-known by many people. (usually pork is used rather than chicken) The one they served here tasted pretty decent for me, the chicken skin was slightly crispy and the meat was tender. Not a huge fan of sweet main dish, I found the seasoning was too sweet for my liking, I think I would like it more if it was less sweet.

Ayam Char Siu

Bakpao Cha Siew Ayam (IDR 22.8k)
Bakpao Cha Siew Ayam

Bakpao Cha Siew Ayam is basically a roasted buns filled with cha siew chicken. One thing that I love from this menu was the super crispy and nice roasted buns! (you guys probably know that I love crispy food!) I love how they opted to serve it with roasted buns rather than steamed buns. (unique!) The buns was roasted until it reached a perfect level of crispness and the filling was generously given and tasted pretty delicious. You guys really have to try this menu if you go to 48 DimSum Place!

Bakpao Cha Siew Ayam

Lumpia Salad (IDR 25.8k)
Lumpia Salad

Lumpia Salad is a fried spring rolls filled with century egg and fruit salad. I found this menu tasted pretty unique, it had a sweet and salty sensation when I tasted it, the sweetness came from fruit salad and the saltiness came from century egg. It tasted pretty decent for me though I would prefer it it was less oily.

Lumpia Salad

Overall, I enjoyed my visit to 48 DimSum Place, the service was friendly and quick, the waiters will quickly refill your drink and replace your plate with a new one if it was already dirty enough. The price was also reasonable and affordable considering it is located in Menteng area. They also provide some unique and delicious dishes such as the heavenly delicious Baby Duck and Bakpao Cha Siew Ayam. I wouldn't mind to come back to this restaurant with my family to have a delicious Chinese cuisine. Oh, I also have been told they are planning to open another branch in Jakarta sometime soon!

Last but not least, thank you for having me 48 DimSum Place!

48 DimSum Place
Jl. RP Soeroso No. 48, Menteng, Jakarta
(021) 31929191

Opening Hours:
Mon - Sat : 11.00 - 22.00
Sun           : 08.00 - 22.00

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram 

Get latest update on your feed!
Follow me on:
Instagram | Twitter


*Since I couldn't find their restaurant on the map, I've put map for another place which is nearby the restaurant*

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.