Djournal Coffee (Grand Indonesia Shopping Town, Jakarta)

Djournal Coffee

Djournal Coffee is a coffee shop managed by Ismaya group, it has 3 branches which are located in Cilandak Town Square, Puri Indah Mall and Grand Indonesia. I went to the one at Grand Indonesia and I was quite surprised to find out that the coffee shop was super packed with people. (I even saw some people were waiting because the place was full at that time) Nevertheless, I still decided to give this coffee shop a try. Djournal Coffee is located on Ground Floor of Grand Indonesia Shopping Town and I reckon you won't have any difficulties in finding this coffee shop.

The interior was decorated nicely and it gives off cozy ambiance, the coffee shop itself is quite big and they have outdoor and indoor area, I reckon they can accommodate up to 100 people.

Without further ado, let's talk about their coffee and snack!

Hot Latte (IDR 26.4k)
Hot Latte

The Hot Latte came with standard leaf latte art and tasted pretty decent for me. As a fan of sweet coffee, I believe I have added more than 3 packs of brown sugar and sugar syrup to make this coffee suitable to my liking. (lol!)

Djournal Coffee

Nutella Blast (IDR 40.9k)
Nutella Blast

The Nutella Blast was ice blended drink made from nutella and topped with whipped cream, I love how this drink was not overly sweet, but still had a strong hint of nutella flavor. Well, who can't resist the temptation of nutella?

Gilroy Garlic Fries (IDR 27.3k)
Gilroy Garlic Fries

Gilroy Garlic Fries is french fries topped with minced garlic and parsley. As you probably know, I'm a huge fan of garlic and I super love this Girloy Garlic Fries. The fries was crispy enough and had a strong garlic flavor. The minced garlic was generously given and it did a great job in elevating the taste of whole dish. Any dish with garlic just never go wrong, right? (at least for me!)

Gilroy Garlic Fries

Bitter Sweet Love (IDR 31.8k)
Bitter Sweet Love

The Bitter Sweet Love is a cake made from chocolate cream and chocolate cookie. It tasted pretty delicious for me, it was not overly sweet and had a strong chocolate flavor. The crust was a little bit hard and it was quite difficult to cut the cake because of the crust. Nevertheless, the crust was crispy enough and I love how the inner layer of the cake was soft and fully filled with chocolate.

Bitter Sweet Love

Overall, I enjoyed my visit to Djournal Coffee, the coffee and food they served here tasted pretty decent, the service was quite friendly and they provide a nice and cozy place even though the ambiance was a little bit crowded compared to another coffee shop considering it is located in one of the largest shopping malls in Jakarta. To be honest, I prefer quite coffee shop rather than crowded one, because I always think a coffee shop is a place to find serenity and peacefulness. I guess I might be back to have their nutella blast for takeaway!

Djournal Coffee
Grand Indonesia Mall, Lantai Ground, West Mall, Jl. MH Thamrin, Thamrin, Jakarta
(021) 23581835

Opening Hours:
Mon - Sun : 10.00 - 24.00

Website | Facebook | TwitterInstagram

Get latest update on your feed!
Follow me on:

No comments

Powered by Blogger.