Hot Star (Baywalk Mall @ Green Bay Pluit, Jakarta)

Decoration

Once in a year, Jakarta will always experience the effects of Eid al-Fitr Holiday. (if you know what I mean) Sometimes, I think it is nice to spend holiday in Jakarta during Eid al-Fitr Holiday, because Jakarta is really quiet and free from traffic jam during this time. However (and sadly), those effects are not applicable to shopping malls, most shopping malls in Jakarta will be crowded and packed with people who search for food during this time. Because most traditional markets are closed during this time and most housemaids are going back to their hometown, so you could expect to see many people who decided to eat out at shopping malls during this time.

So, me and my family decided to eat out on that day, but most restaurants were fully packed with people and we decided to have snacks as our dinner at Hot Star, which coincidentally was not really crowded that day.

Interior
Decoration

The decoration is neat and mostly filed with blue and yellow colors, the restaurant itself is not really big, I reckon they can accommodate around 15-20 people. Similar to other snack stalls, you have to place your order at the cashier and wait for your number to be called by the staffs which signalized that your snacks are ready. Oh, and they don't provide service to cut your large fried chicken, so you'd better enjoy the large fried chicken as it is.

Let's talk about the snacks!

Original Large Fried Chicken (IDR 38k)
Original Large Fried Chicken

Well said, the fried chicken was really huge, the one I ordered came with original flavor and I opted for mild level spiciness. The seasoning was quite strong and similar like other Taiwan street snack stalls in Jakarta. The thing I love was, the seasoning was bold and it was great, I love bolder seasoning as it did great job in spoiling my taste buds. But, I was really shocked when I found out there was tons of dark-colored chicken bone hiding inside the flesh. (I prefer boneless fried chicken though)

Original Large Fried Chicken 

BBQ Large Fried Chicken (IDR 40k)
BBQ Large Fried Chicken

This one came with BBQ flavor, it was topped with BBQ sauce and sprinkles of sesame seeds, it tasted pretty decent for me. I'm not so into the BBQ sauce, it was too sweet for my liking.

BBQ Large Fried Chicken

Sour Plum Large Fried Chicken (IDR 40k)
Sour Plum Large Fried Chicken

This one came with sour plum flavor and mild level spiciness, it was delicious and tasted a bit sour. I found this one was delicious at first bite, but I got overwhelmed after I ate it for a while, because the seasoning was super strong and the size was huge, I bet it will be a wise choice if one large fried chicken is shared for two people.

Cute Beckoning Cat

Look at those cute and fat beckoning cat, I have one with exact shape and size as they had in the picture above, but mine is white-colored cute and fat beckoning cat. If you have found another cute beckoning cat, please do let me know and I will be very grateful if you do so. :D

Overall, it was a quite nice visit to Hot Star, their large fried chicken was indeed huge and tasted pretty decent, although I prefer boneless fried chicken to be honest. Still, I guess they will be a tough contender for other similar snack stalls because they provide many selections of flavor for their large fried chicken and I can see they are getting popular because they have opened many new branches in shopping malls in Indonesia. 

Hot Star
Baywalk Mall, Lantai 4, Jl. Pluit Karang Ayu, Pluit, Jakarta
(021) 29629633

Opening Hours:
Mon - Sun: 10.00 - 22.00

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Get latest update on your feed!
Follow me on:

No comments

Powered by Blogger.