Popolamama (Mall Taman Anggrek, Jakarta)

Popolamama

It's been a long time since I have gone to Mall Taman Anggrek and I could see there were many new restaurants have opened their outlet here. Having heard about this restaurant before, we decided to have a dinner at Popolamama. The restaurant is located on the fourth floor, exactly next to Sticky and if I'm not mistaken, the place was once occupied by Ajisen Ramen. Popolamama is an Italian restaurant originated from Japan, and it has specialty in serving Italian Fresh Pasta & Homemade Pizza.

Open Kitchen
Decoration
Decoration

The restaurant has open kitchen concept with a clean kitchen and experienced staff. (their hands were moving pretty fast when they're preparing the dish!) The restaurant itself is quite big, I reckon they can accommodate up to 80 people. The decoration was simple yet elegant, various cooking utensils were used as decoration in this restaurant. It was super crowded at that time, maybe because it's weekend, and we had to wait for 10 minutes before we got seated.

Let's get started with their fresh pasta and homemade pizza!

Neapolitan with Chicken Sausage Pasta (IDR 52k)
Neapolitan with Chicken Sausage Pasta

This one was served along with huge chunks of chicken sausage and topped with tomato-based sauce. The pasta itself was really great, I could tell that it was really fresh. The sourness from tomato-based sauce was really well-adjusted, it was not overly sour yet still had strong hint of tomato flavor. Overall, this menu tasted pretty decent, the chicken sausage was nice though I'm not really impressed.

Neapolitan with Chicken Sausage Pasta

Wafu Soy Sauce Based Pasta with Smoked Beef, Spinach and Rucola (IDR 52k)
Wafu Soy Sauce Based Pasta with Smoked Beef, Spinach and Rucola

This one was served along with slices of smoked beef, spinach and rucola (or arugula) and this one tasted super delicious. I would say this one was one of my favorites dishes that day. The smoked beef was thinly sliced and tasted heavenly delicious. The spinach and rucola tasted pretty decent though I'm not a big fan of green things and the sauce was just perfect!

Wafu Soy Sauce Based Pasta with Smoked Beef, Spinach and Rucola

Cream and Carbonara Pasta with Smoked Beef, Spinach and Rucola (IDR 52k)
Cream and Carbonara Pasta with Smoked Beef, Spinach and Rucola

This one was similar like the Wafu Soy Sauce Based Pasta with Smoked Beef, Spinach and Rucola, the only difference is the sauce, this one is topped with creamy sauce. The smoked beef was simply awesome and it went really well with the creamy sauce. The creamy sauce was bold and tasted pretty delicious, though I still prefer the one with Wafu Soy Sauce Based, but this one was also great!

Cream and Carbonara Pasta with Smoked Beef, Spinach and Rucola

Aglio Olio with Japanese Mushroom and Smoked Beef (IDR 55k)
Aglio Olio with Japanese Mushroom and Smoked Beef

This pasta was served along with super nice smoked beef, Japanese mushroom and vegetables. The taste was simply stunning! I was literally amazed by the taste, the dried red chili flakes really gave a strong hint of spiciness and I freaking love the spiciness. It's spicy in a good way, some might say that it was overly spicy (or not spicy?), but trust me the spiciness was freaking good. I usually can't really stand spicy food, but I managed to finish this pasta by myself! (so, can you imagine how good it was?) This one was definitely one of my favorite dishes that day, though I'm not really into the Japanese mushroom. I recommend you to try this dish if you come to Popolamama.

Aglio Olio with Japanese Mushroom and Smoked Beef

Carbonara with Smoked Beef (IDR 55k)
Carbonara with Smoked Beef

This one was served along with slices of smoked beef and topped with creamy sauce and parmesan cheese. This one also tasted pretty delicious, especially because of the smoked beef. (maybe I just love the smoked beef! lol!) The sauce was strong and I love how it managed not to overpower the whole dish and the pasta was nice as well.

Carbonara with Smoked Beef

Tomato-Based Pasta with Mozzarella Cheese (IDR 45k)
Tomato-Based Pasta with Mozzarella Cheese

This one was the only pasta without any meat that we ordered that day, it was topped with tomato-based sauce and mozzarella cheese. The taste was unexpectedly delicious thanks to the super nice mozzarella cheese. The tomato-based sauce and mozzarella cheese really made a great combination and it was rich in flavor. Well, who could resist the temptation of mozzarella cheese?

Tomato-Based Pasta with Mozzarella Cheese

Pizza Margherita (IDR 55k)
Pizza Margherita

The Pizza Margherita was pretty delicious, I have to say they were pretty generous in giving the mozzarella cheese as the topping and I don't have any single complaint about that matter. Though I would like it more if the crust was thinner.

Pizza Margherita
Pizza Margherita

Beef Pepperoni Pizza (IDR 65k)
Beef Pepperoni Pizza

The Beef Pepperoni Pizza was topped with slices of beef pepperoni and onion. To be honest, I was expecting a great beef pepperoni judging by how good the smoked beef was, but sadly, the beef pepperoni was just mediocre. Nevertheless, it tasted pretty decent and I love everything aside the burnt crust!

Beef Pepperoni Pizza
Beef Pepperoni Pizza

Iced Lemon Green Tea (IDR 20k)
Iced Lemon Green Tea

Because Iced Lemon Tea was too mainstream, I decided to order Iced Lemon Green Tea as my drink that day. Although I can't really feel the green tea flavor, it tasted pretty delicious (and sour!)

Chocolate Milkshake (IDR 32k)
Chocolate Milkshake

The Chocolate Milkshake tasted pretty delicious and  it had a strong chocolate flavor and perfect level of sweetness. Well, all drinks just can't go wrong with chocolate, don't you think so?

Hot Ocha (IDR 12k)
Hot Ocha

I didn't try this one, but judging from the appearance, I love the green color of this ocha!

Mini Pasta

Look at those cute the mini pasta in the picture above, it was made by my friend for me. I didn't expect they would decorate it beautifully like that. (anyway, thanks a lot guys!)

Overall, I really enjoyed my visit to Popolamama, the food they served was pretty delicious and some were extraordinary, the service was really friendly and quick, and the price was quite affordable as well. Will there be next visit to Popolamama? I would say absolutely yes, Popolamama definitely become one of my favorite Italian Restaurants in Jakarta!

Popolamama
Mall Taman Anggrek, Lantai 4, Jl. Tanjung Duren Timur 2, Tanjung Duren, Jakarta
(021) 5639339

Opening Hours:
Mon - Sun : 10.00 - 22.00

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Get latest update on your feed!
Follow me on:
Instagram | Twitter


*Since I couldn't find their restaurant on the map, I've put map for another place which is nearby the restaurant*

No comments

Powered by Blogger.