Sumo Sushi (Menteng, Jakarta)

Interior

So, I have been invited by Zomato to have a small gathering at Sumo Sushi Menteng that day. Honestly, I rarely go to Menteng area and I never thought there is a place called Menteng Central. Menteng Central is like a small plaza, there are several restaurants and store here and one of them is a Japanese Restaurant that I'm going to review which is Sumo Sushi.  The restaurant is not really hard to find, it is located near the escalator on the Ground Floor.

Interior

The interior itself is mostly filled with wood material and other Japanese decorations. The restaurant itself is small, I reckon they can accommodate around 20-30 people. It was not really crowded that day, I didn't see any customer(s) when I arrived, but after awhile I could see some people dine in at the restaurant.

Without further ado, let's talk about their food!

Kimuchi Ramen (IDR 59k)

Kimuchi Ramen

The Kimuchi Ramen is a mixture of Japanese and Korean food, there are kimchi, shallots and slices of fish inside the ramen. The taste was.... weird, the broth was too watery, too sour, but a bit bland, I don't know how to describe this, but it was weird. The noodle was firm enough and the slices of fish were generously given, but unfortunately, it was not enough to elevate the taste of this dish.

Kimuchi Ramen

Chicken Katsu (IDR 60k)
Chicken Katsu

The Chicken Katsu was nicely fried and it tasted pretty decent, it was crispy, tender and moreish. Nothing much to say about this menu, it was similar like Chicken Katsu that is served by other restaurants. Nevertheless, fried food just can't go wrong, right?

Chicken Katsu

Chicken Teriyaki (IDR 52k)
Chicken Teriyaki

The Chicken Teriyaki is a fried chicken drenched with teriyaki sauce. It tasted pretty decent for me, the teriyaki sauce was not overly sweet and nice. However, the chicken was too mushy as it was soaked in water for a long time, I expected crispier chicken though.

Chicken Teriyaki

Pasta Ebi Awuk (IDR 69k)
Pasta Ebi Awuk

I honestly don't know what is "Awuk", (if you do, please let me know) but this Pasta Ebi Awuk was quite delicious, the prawns was big and it was seasoned nicely, but I felt the seasoning was too light and I guess I would like it more if the seasoning was bolder.

Pasta Ebi Awuk

Premium Salmon Kremes (IDR 59.5k)
Premium Salmon Kremes

The Premium Salmon Kremes was filled with crunchy flakes and salmon and topped with grated cheese. I have to say this sushi tasted pretty delicious and nice. (especially because it was so crispy thanks to the crunchy flakes) They also served another sushi that is filled with salted egg and raw salmon, it tasted pretty unique as I never tasted sushi that is filled with salted egg.

Premium Salmon Kremes

Overall, my visit to Sumo Sushi was okay, the food they served was definitely not the best Japanese food that I ever had, but some of them was unique. The service was okay as well, the waiter was friendly but they were slow in serving and responding to customer demands, especially when we had to call the waiter several times to get our ocha refilled. I believe they still have a lot of time to improve and I do hope they will maintain the uniqueness of their food, but with upgraded taste!

Last but not least, thanks to Zomato for the generous invitation!

Sumo Sushi
Menteng Central, Lantai Ground, Jl. HOS Cokroaminoto, Menteng, Jakarta
(021) 3160359

Opening Hours:
Mon - Sun : 10.00 - 21.30

Website | Facebook | Twitter

Get latest update on your feed!
Follow me on:

No comments

Powered by Blogger.