19th Avenue (Green Ville, Jakarta)

Decoration

(No, not now.. you can look away later when you finished reading this review!)

I reckon many of you have heard about this restaurant before, 19th Avenue is a cool restaurant and bar with industrial concept located in West Jakarta, specifically at Green Ville. 19th Avenue has been established since 2012 and recently they decided to re-brand their restaurant with bunch of new menus. They claim that the new menus are more unique and more delicious than the previous one, so I guess it's worth a try!

Interior
Interior
Decoration
Bar
Decoration

The restaurant has two floors and both floors are big and spacey enough, I reckon they can accommodate up to 150 people in total. The place itself is quite dark and has a minimal amount of lighting, so it's a bit hard to take a great pictures (I did my best though, so don't worry and hope you guys like it!). But the good things were, the place was cozy enough because of dim lighting and it was not really crowded that day. I personally love everything about the decoration and I wouldn't mind to spend hours here!

Let's talk about their foods!

BBQ Beef Ribs with Waffle Potato and Coleslaw (IDR 129k)
BBQ Beef Ribs with Waffle Potato and Coleslaw

(Look at those sexy beef ribs!)

The BBQ Beef Ribs was served along with waffle potato and coleslaw and it was superb! The Beef Ribs was chewy and tender, though I would like it more if it was more tender and the BBQ sauce was nice. I personally love the well-seasoned waffle potato, it had a perfect level of crispness and I wouldn't mind to devour all of those waffle potatoes by myself!

BBQ Beef Ribs with Waffle Potato and Coleslaw

Pepper Chicken with Mashed Potato and Black Pepper Sauce (IDR 76k)
Pepper Chicken with Mashed Potato and Black Pepper Sauce

The Pepper Chicken was topped with black pepper sauce and served along with mashed potato. The chicken was tender and seasoned nicely, but it was too oily for my liking. The sauce was light, watery and I could barely feel the black pepper flavor. As for the potato, I'm not a big fan of mashed potato, it was very soft and tasted pretty decent for me.

Pepper Chicken with Mashed Potato and Black Pepper Sauce


Nachos Mexicanos (IDR 52k)
Nachos Mexicanos

Nachos Mexicanos was one of my favorite dishes that day, the nachos was crispy and topped with super nice melted cheese, onion and tomato. I wouldn't mind to have this as my daily snack!

Nachos Mexicanos

Karaage and Fries (IDR 48k)
Karaage and Fries

The chicken karaage was served along with french fries and it was heavenly delicious! I love how the chicken was tender, crispy and a bit chewy in a good way. The french fries tasted pretty decent, it was crispy and I bet I would love it more if it was seasoned rather than served plain.

Karaage and Fries

Mushroom Ajilo (IDR 42k)
Mushroom Ajilo

I could see there are various mushrooms inside this dish. I'm not so into mushroom and I found this one tasted pretty decent, it was nicely seasoned and served along with lemon.

Mushroom Ajilo

Chef Mini Garden Salad (IDR 42k)
Chef Mini Garden Salad

I thought the brown things on the plate was steak at first and later I found out that it was vegetables. (lol!) The salad was made from various vegetables and it looked quite fresh when it was served, I didn't try this one though, but I was told that it was okay.

Chef Mini Garden Salad

Cheese Madness Pasta with Smoked Beef (IDR 58k)
Cheese Madness Pasta with Smoked Beef

I literally fell in love with the appearance of this dish because of those super nice melted cheese. (I mean who could resist the goodness melted cheese?) This one tasted pretty delicious for me and I love everything inside this dish, I just wished there were more slices of smoked beef on my pasta!

Cheese Madness Pasta with Smoked Beef

Aglio Olio with Prawn and Mushroom (IDR 62k)
Aglio Olio with Prawn and Mushroom

I always love pasta with garlic and oil and so is this pasta! The prawns were generously given and it was huge, the pasta had a perfect level of spiciness (though I wouldn't mind if it was spicier!) and the mushroom tasted pretty decent. Unfortunately, the pasta was a bit soggy and overcooked, I guess this dish would be perfect if the pasta was al dente.

Aglio Olio with Prawn and Mushroom

Gyutan Don (IDR 68k)
Gyutan Don

Gyutan Don is beef tongue served with rice and topped with katsuobushi (dried bonito flakes). I didn't get to try this one, but I was told that it tasted pretty decent and the beef tongue was nice.

Gyutan Don

Black Pizza Prawn de Ajilo (IDR 98k)
Black Pizza Prawn de Ajilo

(Look at those black-colored crust! unique!)

This pizza has black-colored crust which is obtained from mixing squid ink with the dough. The crust was thin and crispy enough, though I believe it would be great if it was thinner and crispier. The topping consists of prawns, melted cheese, and bell pepper. Overall, this pizza tasted pretty decent, not that awesome, but it was unique indeed!

Black Pizza Prawn de Ajilo
Black Pizza Prawn de Ajilo

Green Pesto Pizza (IDR 88k)
Green Pesto Pizza

I personally love the appearance of this pizza, topped with mushrooms, pesto and cute-looking leaves. The pizza tasted pretty delicious and I love how the crust was thin and crispy!

Green Pesto Pizza

Soup
Mushroom Soup (Left), Tomato Soup (Right)

Mushroom Soup (IDR 35k)
Mushroom Soup

Appearance-wise, I have to say this mushroom soup was really pretty and beautifully presented. It was served along with garlic bread and tasted pretty decent.

Tomato Soup (IDR 35k)
Tomato Soup

I thought this dish was pumpkin soup at first, the color of the soup was orange and looked like a pumpkin soup. (don't you think so?) Later, I found out that it was tomato soup, despite its orange color, the soup had a strong tomato taste and tasted pretty decent for me.

Overall, I had a great time at 19th Avenue, the food they served tasted pretty decent and some were pretty delicious, the service was okay and it was indeed a cool place to hang out with friends. I didn't get to try their dish before they decided to re-brand, so I cannot provide comparison between the new menus and old menus. But, I can say that the new menus was indeed unique and even though the price was quite high, I do think that some were worth to try. (especially those karaage and fries!)

Last but not least, thanks to 19th Avenue for having me!

19th Avenue
Green Ville blok AV no.19, Jakarta
(021) 29401119

Opening Hours:
Mon - Sun : 11.00 - 02.00

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Get latest update on your feed!
Follow me on:

No comments

Powered by Blogger.