Otosan Suki (Menteng, Jakarta)

Signature

Otosan Suki is a Japanese restaurant that specialized in serving Japanese food such as sushi and suki. The restaurant has been established for 8 years and they already have several outlets in Indonesia. Last weekend, I got a chance to try their food at their outlet at Menteng area. The restaurant itself is not really hard to find, it's located on the 3rd floor of Gedung 57 Building. You have to go through the "mini" lift to reach this restaurant.

Interior
Interior
Interior

The restaurant itself is spacey though it's not really big, I reckon they can accommodate up to 60 people. The ambiance is cozy as the interior is mostly decorated with wood-colored things and wooden materials which reflect the concept of modern Japanese restaurant. Though I really love the decoration, I didn't really like the temperature inside the restaurant that day, I didn't really know why, but it was really hot that day even though the AC was turned on. 

Let's get started with their food!

Salmon Shoyu Don (IDR 48k)
Salmon Shoyu Don

Salmon Shoyu Don is rice served with salmon that has been sauteed with Otosan butter sauce and topped with nori and fried garlic. I was literally excited when I saw those super delicious and fragrant fried garlic on the top of the salmon. The sauteed salmon was heavenly delicious and not smelly at all, and it went really well with those fried garlic. I would say that this is the best salmon-based dish that I ever had in my life!

Salmon Shoyu Don

Yellow Submarine Roll (IDR 35k)
Yellow Submarine Roll

Yellow Submarine Roll is sushi topped with salmon and drenched with dazzling mango sauce. The filling consists of cream cheese, seaweed, and cucumber. The mango sauce was light and a little bit sweet. I've got to say that the overall taste was unique, because I never tasted sushi with mango sauce before.

Yellow Submarine Roll
Yellow Submarine Roll

Summer and Spring Roll (IDR 30k)
Summer and Spring Roll

(Another unique dish!)

Summer Spring Roll is sushi filled with lettuce, cucumber, avocado, pear and cream cheese, wrapped with spring roll skin. The spring roll skin was transparent, so you can literally see the filling of the sushi. I found it tasted like a mixed of garden salad and fruit salad. The taste was refreshing and healthy, and it was a great choice to cleanse your palate before you devour other dishes!

Summer and Spring Roll

Okinawa Roll (IDR 30k)
Okinawa Roll

Okinawa Roll is sushi filled with crab stick, cucumber, cream cheese, lettuce, seaweed and sprinkled with grain powder. I've got to say the idea was unique, but the taste was quite disappointing. I could barely taste the filling and the grain powder overpowered the whole dishes.

Okinawa Roll

Chawan Pudding (IDR 35k)
Chawan Pudding

(Finally, it's dessert time!)

Chawan Pudding is egg pudding topped with maple syrup, cheese and vanilla. This one tasted superb delicious! The egg pudding was soft and had a perfect level of sweetness, and the cheese did a great job in balancing the sweetness.

Chawan Pudding
Chawan Pudding

Suki
Suki
Sauce and Condiments
Sweet Sauce

The suki was served with three kinds of broth which were:

  • Otosan Sweet : this one was too sweet for my liking, but it was getting better when I mixed the broth with my favorite fried garlic!
  • Otosan Spicy : this one was lack of spiciness and flavor, it would be better if the taste was bolder
  • Tom Yum : the taste was literally too sour

My favorite was the beef slices, it was tender and tasted super delicious when paired with fried garlic. Oh! and I love how they decided to give fried garlic as the condiment for the suki!

Peach Kult (IDR 29k)
Peach Kult

Peach Kult is basically yakult with a hint of peach flavor. The yakult flavor was strong and tasted pretty delicious and refreshing, it had balanced level of sweetness and sourness.

Overall, I quite enjoyed my visit to Otosan Suki, the food they served tasted pretty decent and unique, the service was great and the place was nice. I have to say they had an amazing idea in serving various kinds of unique food, but it would be better if the taste was delicious and unique as well. Nevertheless, I can't stop admiring their Salmon Shoyu Don and Chawan Pudding, because it was super delicious!

Thanks for having me Otosan Suki!

Otosan Suki
Gedung 57, Lantai 3, Jl. H. Agus Salim, No. 57, Menteng, Jakarta
(021) 70500658

Opening Hours:
Mon - Fri : 10.00 - 24.00
Sat - Sun : 10.00 - 02.00

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Get latest update on your feed!
Follow me on:
Instagram | Twitter


*Since I couldn't find their restaurant on the map, I've put map for another place which is nearby the restaurant*

2 comments:

  1. You know, this is actually near my office xD killer salmon shoyu don

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pe,

    Thanks for reading!
    Oh yes, the Salmon Shoyu Don is super good indeed!

    Cheers,
    Paulus

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.