Historia Food & Bar (Kota, Jakarta)

Interior

Truthfully and sadly, I have been living in Jakarta for almost 15 years and I never properly visited this historical place called Taman Fatahillah. I have visited the immigration office which is located near Taman Fatahillah back then, but I didn't even take a walk at this place due to my busy schedule. Even worse, I have been passing through this place everyday on my way to office!

Finally that day has come, it's my first time ever having a proper trip to Kota Tua, especially Taman Fatahillah. (yay!) The place was super crowded at that time and I could notice several tourists walking here and there. If only the place was cleaner, I'm sure this place will be loaded with tourists even more. To replenish my energy after having a trip at Taman Fatahillah, I decided to have a light lunch at Historia Food & Bar.

Interior
Decoration
Flower
Interior
Interior
Interior

The restaurant itself is very spacey and quite big, I reckon they can accommodate up to 80 people. The interior is simple and neat, and it really gives off cozy and homey-ambiance. The only disappointing thing is, they don't separate the smoking area and non-smoking area. There were people smoking at that time and it was really uncomfortable. The place was also a bit hot at that time, I noticed only several ACs were turned on.

Let's get started with their food!

Historia Platter (IDR 25k)
Historia Platter

As I mentioned before, I decided to have light lunch here because I just had my lunch that day. The first food that I ordered was Historia Platter which consists of fried dumplings, corn fritters and fried soya bean cake served along with Indonesian-style salad and two kinds of sauce. My favorite was the corn fritters, it had a perfect level of crispness and it went really well with the sauce. 

The fried dumplings and fried soya bean cake tasted pretty decent and I was literally shocked by their Indonesian-style salad, because it was unexpectedly super delicious! The shredded lettuce and carrot was drenched with peanut sauce instead of mayonnaise sauce and it turned out really well. I wouldn't mind to have more!

Historia Platter
Corn Fritter
Fried Dumpling
Fried Soya Bean Cake

Gemblong Pisang (IDR 15k)
Gemblong Pisang

Gemblong Pisang is a deep-fried sticky rice and banana coated with caramel topped with icing sugar and drenched with honey. Unfortunately, it was too sweet for my taste buds and I could barely taste the banana. It's a great choice that they served this Gemblong Pisang with strawberry, because it really made a great pairing, the sourness from strawberry did an amazing job in balancing the super sweet Gemblong Pisang. I couldn't even imagine how to devour all of this without that strawberry!

Gemblong Pisang

Es Palu Butung (IDR 25k)
Es Palu Butung

Es Palu Butung is an Indonesian-style dessert which consists of steamed bananas topped with shaved ice and syrup. The dessert was really refreshing and it's a great choice that I ordered this, it had a perfect level of sweetness and I freaking love the white substance inside. (I don't know the name of this thing, but it's the one that you can also find on "Es Pisang Ijo") Too bad the steamed banana was a little bit hard, I bet it will be better if it was softer.

Es Palu Butung

Ice Lemon Tea (IDR 15k)
Ice Lemon Tea

The Ice Lemon Tea tasted okay and refreshing, it was slightly sour and I love the fact that they used real lemon rather than instant lemon tea!

Food

Overall, it was a nice visit to Historia Food & Bar, the food they served tasted pretty decent, the service was great and the place was cozy. I had a great time while replenishing my energy at that time. Unfortunately, their food didn't stand out pretty much and it didn't leave a strong impression for me, but I absolutely love the interior and the mural! 

Historia Food & Bar
Taman Fatahillah, Jl. Pintu Besar Utara No 11, Kota, Jakarta
(021) 31760555

Opening Hours:
Mon - Sun : 11.00 - 21.00

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Get latest update on your feed!
Follow me on:

No comments

Powered by Blogger.