Above 5 Sky Bar (Pantai Indah Kapuk, Jakarta)

Interior

Please welcome the first rooftop bar in Pantai Indah Kapuk area, Above 5 Sky Bar! There are a lot of new restaurants in Pantai Indah Kapuk lately, but I reckon they are the only one with rooftop bar concept. The bar is located in the same building as Kimchi Grandma and apparently both Above 5 Sky Bar and Kimchi Grandma are under same management. (along with Carnivor as well) The place is not really hard to find, it is located nearby Carnivor and Ikkudo Ichi.

Interior
Interior
Interior
Interior
Interior
Interior

The bar is quite big and spacious, I reckon they can accommodate up to 70 people. The interior and decoration is really intriguing and cool, it looked really great during day and night. There are bunch of barrels that is used as chair and table. (unique!) One thing that I love from rooftop restaurant or bar is the fresh air and the breeze. Thanks to the cloudy weather, I definitely could feel those things yesterday. 

Let's get started with their food!

Kimchi Pork Belly Burger (IDR 65k)
Kimchi Pork Belly Burger

Kimchi Pork Belly Burger consists of slice of homemade marinated spicy pork belly, kimchi, salad and served along with shoestring fries. It tasted pretty unique as it had hint of spiciness and sourness from kimchi. The pork belly was nicely marinated and tasted pretty delicious, it was juicy and tender. The shoestring fries was delicious as expected.

Kimchi Pork Belly Burger
Kimchi Pork Belly Burger

Mighty 5 Burger (IDR 80k)
Mighty 5 Burger

Mighty 5 Burger consists of grilled Australian beef patties, salad, melted cheddar cheese, tomato, caramelized onion, streaky pork bacon slice, sunny side up, crispy cracker and barbecue mayo sauce. It was really perfect and I love everything inside the burger, the Australian beef patties and pork bacon slice was heavenly delicious and the other ingredients did a great job in elevating the taste of whole dish. This one is my favorite burger that day and I will definitely order this Mighty 5 Burger again on my next visit!

Simply Grill Burger (IDR 60k)
Simply Grill Burger

Simply Grill Burger consists of Australian beef patties, salad, melted cheddar cheese, crispy cracker and barbecue mayo sauce. It is like the little brother version of Mighty 5 Burger, the Australian beef patties tasted heavenly delicious as expected and the cheddar cheese made a great pairing with the heavenly delicious beef patties. Although I still prefer Mighty 5 Burger, this one tasted pretty decent as well.

Simply Grill Burger

Shoestring Fries (IDR 38k) & Potato Wedges (IDR 38k)
Potato Wedges (Left), Shoestring Fries (Right)

(Look at those sexy fried potatoes!!)

I just can't control myself in front of potatoes, because I love them so much! It's great to know that almost all restaurants serve potato-based dish nowadays. The Potato Wedges and Shoestring Fries they served here tasted pretty delicious and flavorful, it had perfect level of crispness, though I guess I would like it more if it were saltier. Nevertheless, it made a great starter and side-dishes!

Potato Wedges
Shoestring Fries

Grilled Pork Chop - 180gr (IDR 70k)
Grilled Pork Chop

The Grilled Pork Chop is served along with salad and barbecue sauce. The meat tasted super delicious and it tasted even better with barbecue sauce. However, I found the meat to be a little bit dry and hard, I reckon it would tasted wonderful if the meat was tender and juicier. I mean it was super delicious even though the meat was quite hard, so can you imagine how will it taste if the meat was tender and juicier?

Grilled Pork Chop

40cm Beef Bratwurst Sausage (IDR 68k)
40cm Beef Bratwurst Sausage

The sausage was pretty long and thick (I didn't get to measure it though, but I guess it was literally 40 centimeters long), it was drenched with barbecue sauce which made a great pairing for the sausage. The sausage tasted pretty decent, it was soft, tender and flavorful.

Banana Upside (IDR 109k)
Banana Upside

Banana Upside is one of their specialty cocktail, it is a cocktail made from banana. The plating for the cocktail is pretty unique as you can see in the picture. It tasted pretty unique and so banana-ish with a hint of alcohol. I have never been a great fans of banana, but I found this cocktail tasted pretty delicious and intriguing.

Banana Upside
Banana Upside

Overall, I had a great time at Above 5 Sky Bar, the food they served tasted delicious, the service was good and the place was stunning. I always think it is hard to find bar that served decent food, but Above 5 Sky Bar definitely change my mindset, because they served varieties of great and delicious food. I believe they will be strong competitor for other bar with these advantages. They made a good start and I couldn't wait to see more improvement and innovation in the future. I wish best of luck for Above 5 Sky Bar

Thanks for having me!

Above 5 Sky Bar
Ruko Crown Golf, Blok D, Bukit Golf Mediterania, Jl. Marina Indah Raya, Pantai Indah Kapuk, Jakarta

Opening Hours:
Mon - Sun : 17.00 - 23.00

Instagram

Get latest update on your feed!
Follow me on:
Instagram | Twitter


*Since I couldn't find their restaurant on the map, I've put map for another place which is nearby the restaurant*

2 comments:

  1. great work ...wonderful location.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pengen sih, tapi ternyata lokasinya jaooohhhh~ >.< padahal greeat ambience ya..


    Http://beautyasti1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.