Ohka (Pantai Indah Kapuk, Jakarta)

Interior

(Thank God It's Friday!)

Let's celebrate because it is Friday! Today, I'm going to talk about one of the Japanese Ramen restaurants located at Pantai Indah Kapuk, Ohka. Yeah, I know I have been talking about many restaurants at Pantai Indah Kapuk recently, I just can't help it because there are many new restaurants opening in this area and it is really reachable for me as North Jakarta residents. The restaurant is not really hard to find, it is located near the famous Shirayuki.

Exterior
Exterior
Interior
Interior
Interior

The restaurant is quite big and they have indoor seating area and outdoor seating area, I reckon they can accommodate up to 100 people in total. The decoration is like typical Japanese restaurant, there are various wooden things which give off Japanese ambiance. It was super crowded at that time, so we had to take picture of interior after we finished our late lunch. Just to let you know, we just had big lunch at another restaurant before we went to Ohka, so we were really full at that time. But, our tummy always have space for food! (lol!)

Let's get started with their food!

Karaage Miso Ramen (S) (IDR 56k)
Karaage Miso Ramen

Karaage Miso Ramen consists of ramen, corn, hard boiled egg and miso broth, it is served along with three pieces of karaage (Japanese fried chicken). In order not to confuse you, the Karaage Miso Ramen is the one with blue bowl, the other one were other menu which you will find out later. Overall, it tasted pretty decent, the broth was quite light and it had mild flavor. The karaage was delicious as it had great flavor and good level of crispness.

Karaage  Miso Ramen

Karaage Spicy Miso Ramen (S) (IDR 56k)
Karaage Spicy Miso Ramen

The Karaage Spicy Miso Ramen consists of ramen, corn, hard boiled egg and spicy broth. Three pieces of karaage (Japanese fried chicken) is served along with the ramen. It tasted similar like Karaage Miso Ramen, the only difference is this one was spicier. Unfortunately, I barely could feel any flavor other than spicy flavor from the broth. Definitely not the best ramen that I have ever had, but the delicious karaage managed to cheer me up!

Karaage Miso Tsukemen (S) (IDR 56k)
Karaage Miso Tsukemen

Karaage Miso Tsukemen consists of ramen, corn, hard boiled egg, three pieces of karaage and thick miso broth that was served separately. It tasted pretty delicious as the thick miso broth did a great job in elevating the taste of this ramen. I always prefer thicker, bolder and stronger broth for ramen. If only the egg was soft boiled rather than hard boiled, I believe I would love this more.

Mini Mini Set (IDR 80k)
- Chicken Katsuni-don
- Niku Udon

Mini Mini Set

Mini Mini Set consists of Chicken Katsuni-don and Niku Udon and both of them tasted pretty decent for me. The Chicken Katsuni-don was quite good, the chicken katsu had a good level of crispness and nicely flavored and the portion was quite generous as well. The Niku Udon was pretty decent, though I felt that it was lack of stronger and bolder flavor.

Chicken Katsuni-don
Niku Udon

Mochi Ice Cream (IDR 18k/each)
Mochi Ice Cream

As for the dessert, they have their signature Mochi Ice Cream which consists of seven flavor:

  • Vanilla - the light blue one at the front
  • Matcha - the dark green one
  • Tiramisu - the light brown one at the front
  • Cookies & Cream - the white and black one beside the matcha
  • Strawberry - the pink one
  • Chocolate - the dark brown one
  • Cheese Cake - the yellow one

I have to say that all of them were super delicious and unique, it had soft layer of mochi on the outside and delicious ice cream on the inside. If I had to choose my favorite mochi ice cream, I would choose Matcha and Cookies & Cream, the matcha flavor was super strong and it had nice fragrance, the cookies & cream was sweet, crunchy and delicious as expected.

Mochi Ice Cream

Chicken Katsu Curry (IDR 68k)
Chicken Katsu Curry

Finally, a super delicious food that awaken my taste buds has come! Their Chicken Katsu Curry was flawless and heavenly delicious, the curry flavor was quite strong and it was delicious. The chicken katsu was super delicious as well, it was crispy, tender and soft. The portion was pretty big as well, I reckon it is good to be shared for two people.

Food

Overall, I quite enjoyed my visit to Ohka, the food they served tasted pretty decent and some were pretty delicious (chicken katsu curry!), the service was okay and the place was nice. As for the ramen, I would say that I prefer other ramen restaurants that served stronger and bolder broth for the ramen. But, please be informed that it is just my humble preference, you might have different opinion with me. Nevertheless, I can't stop admiring their Chicken Katsu Curry!

Last but not least, thanks for having me and best of luck!

Ohka
Rukan Emerald, Jl. Raya Pantai Indah Kapuk, Pantai Indah Kapuk, Jakarta
(021) 29031696

Opening Hours:
Mon - Sun : 11.00 - 15.00 ; 17.00 - 22.00

Get latest update on your feed!
Follow me on:
Instagram | Twitter


*Since I couldn't find their restaurant on the map, I've put map for another place which is nearby the restaurant*

No comments

Powered by Blogger.