Sophie Authentique (Kemang, Jakarta)

Interior

Breakfast is like the most important thing for me, I always try not to skip breakfast everyday. Last weekend, I got a rare chance to have breakfast at Sophie Authentique located at Kemang. I call it rare chance because I rarely visit Kemang area because it is quite far away from my home. Apparently, Sophie Authentique already established 2 outlets and both located in Kemang area, I managed to visit their new outlet located near Pizza Barboni.

Interior
Interior
Coffee Corner
Cake Display
Bread and Pastry Display

The place itself is not really spacey, I reckon they can accommodate up to 60 people. It was heavily packed with people that day and most of them are foreigners. There are several breads, pastries and cakes displayed. The interior and decoration is cool and I love how this place is filled with natural lighting. However, due to the crowded situation, I got seated at one of the darkest place in the restaurant. (sigh!)

Let's get started with their food!

Mini Caneles - Box of 4 (IDR 30k)
Mini Caneles

Canele is French pastry with a soft and tender custard center and a dark, thick caramelized crust. They have the regular version of Canele and Mini Canele and I decided to order the mini one. To be honest, I never tasted Canele before, so this is my first time. The Mini Canele tasted pretty decent, it was a little bit sticky and not really sweet. The texture was quite new for me, it was not really hard and not really soft as well. 

Mini Caneles

Cheese Omelette (IDR 60k)
Cheese Omelette

(Omelette for breakfast? yes, please!)

Cheese Omelette is basically an omelette stuffed with cheese and served along with salad, bread and butter. The omelette was quite bland although the cheese was generously given. The bread and butter tasted pretty delicious, although I would like it more if the butter is stronger. Overall, the Cheese Omelette tasted pretty decent and this one is definitely more than enough to fill one person stomach for breakfast!

Cheese Omelette
Bread and Butter

Chocolate Croissant (IDR 20k)
Chocolate Croissant

I personally had a crush on croissant out of many variants of pastries. I love the layered texture of croissant and its crispy sensation. The Chocolate Croissant tasted pretty delicious, the chocolate filling was generously given, and the croissant is perfectly baked and had a perfect level of crispness as well. 

Chocolate Croissant

Ice Lemon Tea (IDR 25k)
Ice Lemon Tea

The Ice Lemon Tea was literally really refreshing, because it is made from genuine lemon and without any sugar syrup. The taste was really sour and refreshing, though I think it would be better if it was served along with sugar syrup.

Food

Overall, I enjoyed my visit to Sophie Authentique, the food they served tasted pretty decent, the ambiance of the place is super nice and the service was great as well. I personally think Sophie Authentique is a good place to have breakfast because they offer nice ambiance along with nice food. I guess this place will be even better if they improved the taste of their dish and come with bunch of new menu. Last but not least, I wish best of luck for Sophie Authentique!

Sophie Authentique
Jl. Kemang Selatan 1 No. 20A, Kemang, Jakarta
(021) 7180011

Opening Hours:
Mon - Sun : 08.00 - 17.00

FacebookTwitter | Instagram

Get latest update on your feed!
Follow me on:
Instagram | Twitter


*Since I couldn't find their restaurant on the map, I've put map for another place which is nearby the restaurant*

No comments

Powered by Blogger.