The Twig Cafe (Pantai Indah Kapuk, Jakarta)

The Twig Cafe

(Hello, 2015!)

It's time to say goodbye to 2014 and start 2015 with a good heart! I have experienced a lot of good and bad things in 2014, but I always feel grateful that I am able to experience those various good and bad moments, because that's the art of living, right?

By the way, Soompeat is going to be 6 months old on January 2015! (yay!) I would like to say thank you so much for all readers and I hope you always enjoy reading my blog. I know that my blog is still far from perfect, but I will always do my best in providing detailed and honest review (also good pictures!) to guide you in finding suitable restaurant for your saturdate, family dinner, or hangout place!

Along with this new year vibe, I would like to review about one of the restaurants located at Pantai Indah Kapuk, The Twig Cafe! The restaurant is located near Port er House and I bet you won't have any difficulties in finding this restaurant.

Interior
Interior
Decoration
Interior
Interior
Interior
Interior
Christmas Cookie

The restaurant is not really big like typical of restaurant at Pantai Indah Kapuk, but it is spacious and I reckon they can accommodate up to 60 people. The decoration is simple and neat, it managed to give off homey atmosphere. I came to the restaurant around 8 PM and there were barely any people inside the restaurant, maybe because it's late at night and most people already finished their dinner. The lighting inside the restaurant is quite dim and I love the music they played, it managed to light up the cozy and homey atmosphere.

Let's get started with their food!

Spaghetti Meatball Bolognese (IDR 49k)
Spaghetti Meatball Bolognese

Spaghetti Meatball Bolognese is literally spaghetti drenched with bolognese sauce and served along with meatballs and zucchini. It tasted pretty decent as it had good sourness and sweetness level, the meatballs also tasted pretty decent, it was tender and nice though I guess bolder and stronger seasoning won't hurt.

Spaghetti Meatball Bolognese

Fettuccine Alfredo (IDR 46k)
Fettuccine Alfredo

Fettuccine Alfredo is drenched with rich and creamy sauce and topped with mushrooms and slices of bacon. It tasted pretty decent and for those who prefer creamier pasta, I guess this will be the best choice for you. The cream sauce was good, but it would be better it had more bolder and stronger flavor to elevate the taste of this pasta.

Fettuccine Alfredo

Pancetta Pasta Ala Twig (IDR 52k)
Pancetta Pasta Ala Twig

Pancetta Pasta Ala Twig, just by hearing its name, I could predict that this will be one of their signature dishes. Because you know, signature dishes just can't be missed when you go to every restaurant. Unfortunately, this one turned out to be quite average, the pasta is mixed with tomato and pork and the pork was quite hard, flavorless and bland. It's not bad, but it's not so special and amazing as well.

Pancetta Pasta Ala Twig

Spaghetti Aglio Olio with Chicken Breast (IDR 48k)
Spaghetti Aglio Olio with Chicken Breast

Basically, Aglio Olio is a must-have every time I order spaghetti because I just love it so much. The one they served here was pretty delicious, it was served along with chicken breast. (you can also choose prawns or mushrooms as the topping) The pasta had quite good level of spiciness although I would not mind if it was spicier!

Spaghetti Aglio Olio with Chicken Breast
Spaghetti Aglio Olio with Chicken Breast

Skinny Potato (IDR 37k)
Skinny Potato

(Yay Potato!)

Skinny Potato is one of the best snack that I have ever had and I always longing for it. Skinny Potato is literally a potato skin stuffed with slices of bacon, melted cheese and scallion served along with tartar sauce. This one tasted so delicious although I felt like somehow it was lack of flavor and crispiness. However, potato just can't go wrong for me! I enjoyed this up to the last bites!

Skinny Potato

Zuppa Soup (IDR 35k)
Zuppa Soup

Zuppa Soup is literally cream soup topped with huge puff pastry that gives off crunchy and crispy sensation. This one tasted pretty delicious as it had strong milky flavor and perfect level of crispiness for the pastry. For those who love milk, you really have to try this one!

Zuppa Soup

Gryphon Tea (IDR 27k)
Gryphon Tea

They have various selections of Gryphon Tea and I decided to order Nymph of the Nile one. The tea had strong and delicate fragrance and it felt like I was drinking something from the forest. It was not sweet at all but it was good as it is.

Thai Iced Tea (IDR 26k)
Thai Iced Tea

The Thai Iced Tea they served tasted pretty decent although I found this one to be overly sweet, it would be nice if it was less sweet.

Kiwi Mojito (IDR 28k)
Kiwi Mojito

I didn't get to try this one, but just by looking at its appearance, I could tell that this is going to be refreshing drink!

Overall, I quite enjoyed my visit to The Twig Cafe, they served decent food, the service was quite good and the place is cozy and homey. I have to say that they food was lack of something that make me feel intrigued or amazed. However, this is just my humble opinion and preference, you might have different opinion with me. Last but not least, I wish best of luck for The Twig Cafe!

The Twig Cafe
Ruko Crown Golf, Blok B No. 5, Bukit Golf Mediterania, Jl. Marina Indah Raya, Pantai Indah Kapuk, Jakarta
(021) 29424808 / (021) 49115307

Opening Hours:
Mon - Thu : 11.00 - 22.00
Fri - Sat : 11.00 - 23.00
Sun : 11.00 - 22.00

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Get latest update on your feed!
Follow me on:

No comments

Powered by Blogger.