Union Deli (Grand Indonesia Shopping Town, Jakarta)

Exterior

I bet most of you have heard at least once about this place and their signature 'Red Velvet Cake', yes it's none other than Union Deli, which has recently opened their new store at Grand Indonesia Shopping Town. I have to say that they are brave enough to open their outlet in remote area inside the mall, but I don't think that this would be a problem for them, as there were huge numbers of people and the restaurant was super packed when I came here.

Red Velvet Pie

First, I'm going to say sorry because I didn't take pictures of the interior as there were too many people at that time. (I know that other customers might get uncomfortable if I took the pictures of interior while they are dining in, don't you agree?) The restaurant is not really big, I reckon they can accommodate up to 50 people and expect a long waiting list if you come here on weekend. If you have never tried their cake or pie, you might be curious why people eagerly waiting to try their dessert. But once you tried their cake or pie, I bet you will understand the feeling.

Let's get started with the dessert!

Red Velvet Pie (IDR 50k)
Red Velvet Pie

Introducing the current super famous and trending pie, Red Velvet Pie. Yes, this is one of the reason why everyone go to Union. The Red Velvet Pie was super amazing and heavenly delicious, it had a perfect texture, perfect flavor and perfect looks. If you haven't tried their cake before, I bet this will be the best choice for you because I guarantee that you will fell in love with the Red Velvet Pie at the first bite. (Yes, it is that good!)

Red Velvet Pie

Mint Chocolate Pie (IDR 75k)
Mint Chocolate Pie

Mint Chocolate Pie consists of chocolate layers and topped with mini macaroon. The pie was super delicious as well, the chocolate layer was thick and super nice as it had a hint of mint flavor. The bottom layer was crispy enough and it did a great job in adding crispy sensation to the dessert. Personally, I still prefer their red velvet pie, but this one was great as well!

Mint Chocolate Pie

Key Lime Pie (IDR 55k)
Key Lime Pie

Honestly, the Key Lime Pie looked so unappetizing for me at the first time I saw it, because it looked bland and I was definitely wrong. The Key Lime Pie was super duper heavenly delicious, it had a crispy sensation from the cookie crumble inside and the flavor was just unique in a good way. It was a little bit sour as it was made from key lime, but hey, dessert don't have to be sweet for all time, right?

Key Lime Pie

Ice Chocolate (IDR 30k)
Ice Chocolate

The Ice Chocolate they served here was not sweet and had mild chocolate flavor. It was a perfect drink to go with their dessert!

Cappuccino (IDR 30k)
Cappuccino

The Cappuccino came with latte art and served in small cup. I didn't get to try this one though but I guess coffee will always make a great pairing for dessert, right?

Overall, I really enjoyed my visit to Union Deli, the dessert they served here tasted super delicious as expected, the service was good and the place is nice. I predict most people came to Union Deli only to follow the trend or else, but you gotta admit that they served great dessert as well once you tried it. As for me, I have to say that they are one of the restaurants that literally stole my heart, because I really fell in love with their dessert!

Union Deli
Central Department Store Ground Floor, Grand Indonesia Shopping Town , Jl. MH Thamrin No. 1
(021) 23580476

Opening Hours:
Mon - Sun : 10.00 - 22.00

Website

Get latest update on your feed!
Follow me on:

2 comments:

  1. Union desserts always taste superb!!
    The Key Lime Pie is definitely one of my waiting list to try, hahaha!

    High Five!
    Born To Bite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megan,

      Thanks for reading!
      Yes you should try the Key Lime Pie on your next visit!

      Cheers,
      Paulus

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.