Warung Sangrai (Pantai Indah Kapuk, Jakarta)

Warung Sangrai

Please welcome the newest addition of culinary spot in Pantai Indah Kapuk, Warung Sangrai! The restaurant claims to be the pioneer of quail as they specialized in serving quail-based dishes. Warung Sangrai is originated from Bandung and apparently they are expanding their business to Jakarta as several outlets in Jakarta will be open soon. The restaurant is located near the Fresh Market and Shirayuki, so I guess it won't be really difficult to find this restaurant.

Warung Sangrai
Interior

The restaurant is not really big as typical of restaurant in Pantai Indah Kapuk, I reckon they can accommodate up to 60 people. The decoration is simple and neat like a typical of family restaurant. I bet this will be a great place for family gathering. I came there on new year eve and I could see there were several customers spending their new year eve there. I also got grilled sausage as complimentary for new year eve!

Let's get started with their food!

Food

Basically, there are two selections of quail meat, the local quail (puyuh lokal) for IDR 19k and French quail (puyuh perancis) for IDR 29k. You can also choose the seasoning by yourself, there are 7 choices starting from original, gocap (soy sauce), cabe ijo (green chili), cabe garam (chili and salt), sambal endeus (sweet and spicy), rawit (spicy) and extra rawit (extra spicy)

I ordered both local quail and french quail in order to experience the difference of the taste and I recommend you to have French quail instead of local one. (you will know the reason later on!)

Puyuh Lokal with Rawit (IDR 19k + 3k)
Puyuh Lokal with Rawit

The Local Quail was topped with rawit and it was really hot and spicy. The local quail meat was pretty hard and a little bit smelly, that's why I recommend you to have the French quail instead of the local one. Nevertheless, the rawit was super delicious as it had a nice flavor and the spiciness was just unforgettable!

Puyuh Lokal with Rawit

Puyuh Perancis with Cabe Garam (IDR 29k + IDR 2k)
Puyuh Perancis with Cabe Garam

The French quail was topped with chopped chili and salt and this one tasted super delicious! The French quail meat was tender, flavorful and soft. The chopped chili was unexpectedly super spicy as well, I accidentally bit huge amount of chopped chili and I got overwhelmed by it spiciness. As for me, I still prefer rawit as the seasoning, but this one tasted pretty good as well!

Puyuh Perancis with Cabe Garam

Sarang Komplit (IDR 13k)
Sarang Komplit

Sarang Komplit consists of deep fried cauliflower (kol goreng), fried tofu and fried soybean cake (tempe goreng). I personally had crush on the fried soybean cake as it was super thin, crunchy and had perfect level of saltiness. The fried tofu and fried cauliflower tasted pretty delicious as well and if you have never tried fried cauliflower, then you should because it was unexpectedly good!

Sarang Komplit

Milk Tea (IDR 14k)
Milk Tea

The Milk Tea they served here tasted pretty unique as the milk flavor was not really strong and it was not sweet at all. If you are a type of person who prefer less sweet drink, then this will be perfect for you!

Es Sarang (IDR 19k)
Es Sarang

Es Sarang consists of shredded coconut, milk, nata de coco, selasih and quail-shaped jelly and seriously this one was super duper heavenly delicious! The dessert was quite sweet and had strong milk flavor, if you are a milk lover then you really have to try this dessert! I bet you will love it starting from the first spoon!

Overall, I enjoyed my visit to Warung Sangrai, the food they served tasted pretty delicious, the service was great and the place is nice for family gathering. Actually, it was my first time eating quail meat and I got a great first time experience thanks to Warung Sangrai. I wish best of luck for Warung Sangrai!

Warung Sangrai
Ruko Emerald Blok A No. 2 (Seberang Market City)
(021) 98115733

Opening Hours:
Mon - Sun : 11.00 - 22.00

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Get latest update on your feed!
Follow me on:

2 comments:

  1. Warung Sangrai, been here a few times. Still having love and hate relationship. Their cah kuciwis was nice, but the chicken was so frickin' tiny. Good tasting though. But anw, still better than most places in PIK that only sells ambiance.

    Ruby | Wanderbites.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rub,

      Thanks for dropping by!
      Couldn't agree more with you, the place is indeed better than other places that only sell 'looks'!
      Now that I'm hearing about their Cah Kuciwis from you, I guess I have to try it real soon!

      Cheers,
      Paulus

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.