Roba Yakitori (Mall Taman Anggrek, Jakarta)

Roba Yakitori

Please welcome the newest addition of yakitori place in town, Roba Yakitori! In case you are wondering what yakitori is, it is a Japanese dish consists of meat, vegetables or other ingredient(s) on a skewer. Roba Yakitori just opened for 1 week and the crowd here was no joke during my visit. The restaurant is under the same group with Pancious and it is located right beside Pancious outlet at Mall Taman Anggrek, I bet you won't find any difficulties in finding this restaurant!

Exterior
Interior
Food Stall
Interior
Interior
Interior

The restaurant itself is not really big, I reckon they can accommodate up to 70 people. The interior is mostly dominated with wood-colored things which reflect ambiance of Japanese restaurant. Another thing to note is the ordering system in Roba Yakitori, you have to go to the food stall as shown in the picture above, and then select your food (yakitori/salad/inari), then pay at the cashier and you will be given a number. After that, you just have to sit and wait while your yakitori are being grilled!

Let's take a look at their fresh ingredient(s), shall we?

Ingredient
Ingredient
Ingredient
Ingredient
Ingredient
Ingredient

I was literally amazed by the freshness of their ingredient(s), I mean just look at those fresh meat in the picture above. I personally think it is a great idea to display their fresh ingredient(s) to the customers. Because who can resists those beautiful scenery? (maybe I just love meat too much, lol!)

Let's get started with the cooked one!

Beef Enoki Teriyaki (IDR 22k/skewer)
Beef Enoki Teriyaki

Beef Enoki Teriyaki is literally enoki mushroom wrapped with slices of beef meat and drenched with teriyaki sauce. This one tasted pretty delicious, the beef was nicely seasoned and I could feel the juiciness on my first bite!

Beef Enoki Teriyaki

Chicken Ball Teriyaki (IDR 15k/skewer)
Chicken Ball Teriyaki

Chicken Ball Teriyaki is minced chicken drenched with teriyaki sauce and then grilled to perfection. The chicken meat was nicely grilled and it tasted pretty decent though I believe it would be better if it had bolder and stronger flavor.

Chicken Leg Miso (IDR 15k/skewer)
Chicken Leg Miso

I personally had a random thought about "sate padang" after I saw this one. (lol!) But it's not, this one is Chicken Leg Miso, chicken leg meat drenched with miso sauce. This one tasted pretty decent, the miso sauce was flavorful and it did a great job in elevating the taste of this dish.

Chicken Breast Garlic Mirin (IDR 15k/skewer)
Chicken Breast Garlic Mirin

Chicken Breast Garlic Mirin is literally grilled chicken breast meat drenched with mirin sauce and topped with fried garlic. Mirin is a type of condiment that is used in Japanese Cuisine which is made from rice wine. I personally love the mirin sauce because it was so milky and the super delicious fried garlic on the top just made my day!

Chicken Garlic Mirin

Beef Tenderloin Teriyaki (IDR 30k/skewer)
Beef Tenderloin Teriyaki

Beef Tenderlion Teriyaki is my favorite yakitori as it tasted heavenly delicious. The beef tenderloin meat was nicely grilled and seasoned, it was tender, juicy and flavorful. And I love the idea to put those delicious fried garlic on the top of the skewer, it was just perfect although more fried garlic will make me more happy. (pardon my craziness of fried garlic, lol!)

Beef Tenderloin Teriyaki

Beef Tenderloin Garlic Mirin (IDR 30k/skewer)
Beef Tenderloin Garlic Mirin

Beef Tenderloin Garlic Mirin is similar like Beef Tenderloin Teriyaki, the only difference is this one is drenched with garlic mirin sauce instead of teriyaki sauce. Both of them were amazing but if I have to choose the best one, I would say the teriyaki sauce made a better pairing with the beef tenderloin. Nevertheless, this one was super delicious as well!

Beef Tenderloin Garlic Mirin

Salmon Wasabi Butter (IDR 32k/skewer)
Salmon Wasabi Butter

Salmon Wasabi Butter is grilled salmon drenched with butter and wasabi as the sauce. I personally don't like wasabi and fish, but I'm happy to say that this one doesn't have strong wasabi flavor and fishy smell. The butter went really well with the salmon and overall it tasted pretty decent.

Salmon Wasabi Butter

Saba Teriyaki (IDR 30k/skewer)
Saba Teriyaki

Saba Teriyaki is grilled mackerel fish drenched with teriyaki sauce. As a person who doesn't like fish due to it fishy smell, I would say this one tasted pretty okay though I found the fishy smell was quite strong.

Saba Teriyaki

Chicken Leg Katsu (IDR 20k/skewer)
Chicken Leg Katsu

Chicken Leg Katsu is one of their kushikatsu selection and no wonder this one claimed as one of their best seller. The chicken leg meat was tender, flavorful and nicely battered. The crispiness was just right and the sauce did a great job in adding sweet and salty sensation to this katsu!

Banana Katsu (IDR 15k/skewer)
Banana Katsu

Banana Katsu is a good choice for dessert as it consists of super smooth banana wrapped with tempura flour. The outer part is super crispy and I was quite shocked when I found out that the inner part was super soft and smooth. The sweetness level was just right as well!

Yakitori Bento 2B (IDR 52k)
Yakitori Bento 2B

Yakitori Bento 2B consists of rice, chicken leg miso, chicken breast teriyaki, tamago (pan fried rolled egg) and stir-fried onion. I have to say that the rice was the main star of this dish, the texture of the rice was perfect and I love how they pour sauce to the rice. The tamago was nice as well and the stir-fried onion were awesome!

Yakitori Bento 2B

Yakitori Bento 3A (IDR 62k)
Yakitori Bento 3A

Yakitori Bento 3A consists of rice, chicken leg miso, chicken ball teriyaki, chicken skin shio,  tamago (pan fried rolled egg) and stir-fried onion. The chicken skin shio was super delicious and crunchy and once again, I fell in love with their rice. I can even eat the rice just as it is because it was super good!

Yakitori Bento 3A

Inari Kani Mayo (IDR 22k)
Inari Kani Mayo

My first impression for this dish was "big", (lol!) the Inari Kani Mayo was literally big and fully filled with kani mayo. It tasted super delicious as expected and I love how they were generous with the filling. The inari (tofu skin) was sweet and juicy and the kani mayo was nice.

Matcha Ice Cream (IDR 16k)
Matcha Ice Cream

The Matcha Ice Cream was super good and I really love this one, it was sweeter compared to other matcha ice cream that I have ever tasted. So if you like sweeter matcha ice cream, I bet this one will be a perfect choice for you!

Matcha Ice Cream

Overall, I really enjoyed my visit to Roba Yakitori, the food they served tasted delicious, the service was great and the place is good. I was literally bloated because I ate so much at Roba Yakitori and I was really satisfied with that I had that day. I believe they started great and they just have to maintain their qualities and expanding with more varieties of food in order to be stronger in the future. Best of luck for Roba Yakitori and thanks for having me!

Roba Yakitori
Mall Taman Anggrek, Lantai 3, Jl. Tanjung Duren Timur 2, Tanjung Duren, Jakarta
(021) 53650806

Opening Hours:
Mon - Sun : 10.00 - 22.00

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram



Get latest update on your feed!
Follow me on:

No comments

Powered by Blogger.