Bengawan (Keraton at the Plaza, Jakarta)

Bengawan

Bengawan is a luxurious restaurant that is located at Keraton, a luxurious hotel located in the heart of the city. At first, I did not expect this restaurant to be such an expert in serving Mexican food judging by its name, but (gosh!) I was totally wrong. (keep reading and you will know the reason!) The restaurant is not really hard to find as it is located near Plaza Indonesia, I bet you will be able reach this place without any problem.

Pool View
City View
Jalapeno
Hass Avocado

The restaurant itself is really big and spacious, I reckon they can accommodate up to 80 people. The interior and decoration is full of luxurious things which gives off luxury ambiance. I personally admire the city view from this restaurant, if only Jakarta is not humid (and no smokers around), I'd love to sit on the outdoor area while spending my weekend there! (lol!) 

Let's get started with their food!

Guacamole with Tortilla Chips
Guacamole with Tortilla Chips

Guacamole is one of the famous Mexican dish made of mashed avocado mixed with chopped onion, tomatoes, chili peppers, and seasoning. I have to say this one is the best Guacamole that I have ever tasted! Why? because they use the authentic Hass Avocado to make this Guacamole, good avocado is indeed the main point behind good Guacamole!

Tortilla Chips

Sopa Azteca
Sopa Azteca

Sopa Azteca is a soup consists of fried tortilla, chicken, avocado and it made a wonderful appetizer. The broth was quite thick and had strong tomato flavor which was nice and the fried tortilla did a great job in adding crispy sensation for the whole dishes. The man behind those wonderful dishes that night, Chef Lamberto Valdez said that the dish is usually made from leftover tortilla, but (gosh!) who knows that leftover ingredients can transform into such an amazing dish!

Sopa Azteca

Tenderloin Sope
Tenderloin Sope

Tenderloin Sope consists of tenderloin, tomato, salsa, and vegetables wrapped inside crispy outer layer made from corn. The tenderloin was super tender and flavorful, not to mention the generous amount of the tenderloin. Overall, it tasted super delicious and I was quite surprised that I could finish all of this in a second! (lol!)

Snapper Veracruz Style
Snapper Veracruz Style

Snapper Veracruz Style is grilled snapper topped with veggies and served along with fried rice. I'm not a big fan of fish, but I have to say this one tasted pretty delicious as it had no fishy smell at all. The texture of the fish was nice, it was soft and flavorful, the fried rice was great as well as it had bold and strong flavor but not overpowering the whole dish. Perfection!

Chipotle Flan with Cajeta
Chipotle Flan with Cajeta

The Chipotle Flan with Cajeta is one of the most unique dessert that I have ever had, because it had various flavors such as sweet, salty, spicy and a little bit bitter. I love how they served the dessert along with slices of fresh fruit and those super delicious churros!

Chipotle Flan with Cajeta

Overall, I had a great and amazing dinner at Bengawan, the food tasted pretty delicious, the place is nice and the service was great. It is such an honor to be able to taste authentic Mexican food from one of the brilliant and humble chef like Chef Lamberto Valdez. I also would like to say thank you Zomato for inviting me to the Zomato Foodie Meetup and thank you Bengawan for having us! Best of luck!

Bengawan 
Keraton at the Plaza, Jl. MH Thamrin, Thamrin, Jakarta
(021) 50680000

Opening Hours:
Mon - Sun : 06.00 - 23.00

Website

Get latest update on your feed!
Follow me on:

No comments

Powered by Blogger.