Tang Yuan Asian Desserts (Tanjung Duren, Jakarta)

Decoration

Tang Yuan Asian Desserts is a new dessert shop specialized in serving various Asian desserts. It is located in Tanjung Duren area and they managed to add new and fresh hangout place to this area. As you may know, the area is quite popular with bunch of family restaurants (read: the place where people come literally to eat). I remember that I used to pass this road a lot during my uni-life and I clearly remember that the traffic here might be quite bad during peak hours. The place is not really hard to find since it is located on the main road, you just have to pay attention for their signage at the left side of the road!

Interior
Interior
Interior

The place itself is quite big and spacey, I reckon they can accommodate up to 60 people in total. The interior and decoration is simple and colorful which manages to give off youthful feeling. Oh, and I love the idea to put handwriting on the glass wall though it was quite unfortunate that the view from the glass wall was not good during my visit because of those trash wagons. (lol!)

Let's get started with their dessert!

Mini Martabak - Gold (IDR 17.5k)
Mini Martabak

(Who doesn't love martabak?)

Mini Martabak is basically mini-size martabak topped with nutella filling. They have 3 choices of flavor for the martabak which are original, red velvet and pandan. It tasted pretty delicious and I couldn't stop munching those delicious martabak. I thank whoever that find the combination of martabak and nutella!

Mini Martabak

Pisang Salju (IDR 15k)
Pisang Salju

Pisang Salju or Snow Banana is pan fried banana topped with grated cheese, ceres, chocolate sauce and icing sugar. It tasted pretty decent for me, the banana was soft and they were quite generous with the topping.

Hongkong Style French Toast (IDR 30k)
Hong Kong Style French Toast

Hong Kong Style French Toast is peanut buttered French toast topped with butter and drenched with honey. This one tasted pretty delicious as I always love french toast with peanut butter jam. The honey also managed to add good and healthy sweetness to this dessert!

Honey Thick Toast - Nutella (IDR 58k)
Honey Thick Toast - Nutella

Honey Thick Toast is layers of buttered and honey coated bread slices topped with layer of nutella, astor and two scoops of vanilla ice cream. I was really fond of bread with nutella and so is this one. It tasted pretty delicious and the vanilla ice cream did a great job in adding coldness sensation to whole dessert.

Xing Fu - Milk (IDR 38k)
Xing Fu - Milk

Xing Fu consists of generous portion of grass jelly, taro pudding, egg pudding, mochi, red bean, zimi, mung bean and q balls. It was served along with green tea ice cream. This one is similar like other Taiwanese-dessert house and I have to say this one tasted pretty decent and I love how they are being pretty generous with the toppings.

Mellow Milo (IDR 20k)
Mellow Milo

Mellow Milo is hot milo topped with three pieces of bear-shaped marshmallow and milo powder. I bet this drink will be perfect choice for cold and rainy days.

Chicken Nuggets (IDR 25k)
Chicken Nuggets

Aside of desserts, they also served various selection of snacks and savory dishes. The chicken nuggets is served along with three sauces which are chili sauce, tomato sauce, and condensed milk. (yes, condensed milk!) It tasted pretty unique as I thought the white sauce was mayonnaise, so I dip my chicken nugget without any hesitation to the white sauce, but it turned out to be condensed milk that made the chicken nuggets get sticky and super sweet! (lol!) 

Overall, I had a good time at Tang Yuan Asian Desserts, their dessert tasted pretty decent, the place is nice and the service was good. It's good to know that they provide diverse types of Asian dessert, but I predict it will be better if they add more variants of savory dishes as well. Thanks for having me and I wish best of luck for Tang Yuan Asian Desserts!

Tang Yuan Asian Desserts
Jl. Tanjung Duren Raya No. 71, Tanjung Duren, Jakarta
(021) 95946469

Opening Hours:
Mon - Fri: 11.00 - 24.00
Sat - Sun: 11.00 - 01.00

Instagram

Get latest update on your feed!
Follow me on:
Instagram | Twitter


*Since I couldn't find their restaurant on the map, I've put map for another place which is nearby the restaurant*

No comments

Powered by Blogger.