Scusa (Intercontinental Hotel, Jakarta)

Interior

(Ciao!)

Scusa is an Italian fine-dining restaurant located at Intercontinental Hotel at Midplaza. I have been to Midplaza several times and I bet if you are an office worker at Jakarta, you must have known about this place. (lol!) A few days ago, I got the chance to try the food created by their new Executive Chef, Chef Gianluca Visciglia from Milan. I am going to share my experience through this post. (so, keep reading!) For your information, the restaurant is located at the 2nd floor of the hotel and I believe it will be easy to find this restaurant.

Interior
Interior
Interior

The restaurant is quite dark and totally match the concept of fine-dining restaurant. The dark atmosphere managed to give off cozy ambiance. The open-kitchen is quite big and I could see the condition was quite hectic over there as the restaurant was quite packed that day. Even so, the super friendly Chef Gianluca Visciglia was really calm and full of smile during that hectic situation and he managed to professionally put everything under control! (cool!)

Let's get started with the food!

Salad
Salad

As the appetizer, we were given made of rucola leaves and cherry tomato. The salad was fresh and it made a good appetizer before we move on to the next delicious things!

Salad

Antipasto misto di pesce
Antipasto Misto di Pesce consists of fish carpaccio with rosemary, octopus terrine with citrus, tuna tartare with fennel sauce and seared scallops with orange-mustard sauce served in one huge plate. I am going to review it one by one as each of them has distinct flavor:

Fish Carpaccio with Rosemary
Fish Carpaccio with Rosemary

Fish Carpaccio is thinly-sliced raw fish served with rosemary and it tasted pretty delicious. The fish was super thinly sliced to the point that it became transparent. It was even better because the raw fish does not have any fishy smell at all.

Octopus Terrine with Citrus
Octopus Terrine with Citrus

It might be weird, but I have to say that I was quite scared when I saw these Octopus Terrine with Citrus. (I don't know why though, lol!) It tasted pretty okay, the texture of the octopus was quite chewy and the citrus did a great job in neutralizing the fishy smell.

Tuna Tartare with Fennel Sauce
Tuna Tartare with Fennel Sauce

Honestly, at first I thought that is one is tomato but I found that it was not. The tuna was quite good and flavorful even though it would be better if it had less amount of fishy smell.

Seared Scallops with Orange-Mustard Sauce
Seared Scallops with Orange-Mustard Sauce

This one was definitely my favorite as I love the texture of the scallop. It was chewy, soft and flavorful. The orange mustard sauce gave a good kick to my taste-buds and I'm loving it!

Cappuccino di castagne con praline di foie gras in crosta di pistacchi e croissant tiepido
Chestnut Cappuccino

It is basically chestnut cappuccino, pistachio crusted foie gras praline and warm croissant served in one long plate. I have to say the plating made it quite hard to take the picture and I chose to take the picture of it one by one. The chestnut cappuccino was surprisingly good, as a non-coffee drinker, I love the soup so much. The mini croissant was super cute and tasted super delicious, the crispness was just right. The foie gras tasted pretty decent even though I never liked foie gras. (maybe I have "non-expensive" taste-buds, lol!)

Warm Croissant
Pistachio Crusted Foie Gras Praline

Spaghetti al granchio con pomodorini e basilico
Spaghetti al granchio con pomodorini e basilico

The spaghetti was tossed with crab in fresh tomato cherry sauce and basil. The presentation was really cute as they put the crab shell on the top of the spaghetti. The tomato cherry sauce was quite light and the crab meat were generously given. Overall, this one tasted pretty delicious!

Spaghetti al granchio con pomodorini e basilico

Filetto di vitello in crosta di porcini con pure di patate e mele, carote saltate alla viniglia ed una salsa al tartufo nero
Veal Tenderloin

(phew! that was a long name!)

The main course consists of porcini mushroom crusted veal tenderloin apple and mashed potato, black truffle sauce and sauteed vanilla carrots. The veal tenderloin was indeed super yummy as it was served rare and the meat was tender and flavorful. Not to mention the mashed potato tasted unexpectedly delicious as well, it was soft and flavorful. The carrot tasted pretty unique as it had vanilla as the coating.

Veal Tenderloin

Panna cotta al caffe e amaretto con composta di amarene
Panna cotta al caffe e amaretto con composta di amarene

(It's time for dessert!)

The dessert consists of espresso panna cotta flavored with amaretto liquor and amarena cherry compote. It was beautifully presented in a glass wrapped with caramel. The panna cotta was pretty soft and it had balanced level of sweetness and sourness from the cherry.

Panna cotta al caffe e amaretto con composta di amarene

Overall, I had an amazing dinner at Scusa, the food they served tasted pretty delicious, the service was great and the place is nice. It was such an honor for me to be able to experience the food made by Chef Gianluca Visciglia as the new executive chef. Last but not least, I would like to say thanks for having me and I wish best of luck for Scusa!

Scusa
InterContinental Jakarta Midplaza Hotel, Jl. Jend. Sudirman, Sudirman, Jakarta
(021) 2510888

Opening Hours:
Mon - Sat : 11.30 - 14.30, 18.00 - 24.00
Sun : 11.30 - 15.00, 18.00 - 24.00

Instagram

Get latest update on your feed!
Follow me on:


No comments

Powered by Blogger.