Seafood Arjuna (Kebon Jeruk, Jakarta)

Seafood

Seafood Arjuna is one of seafood restaurants that served decent seafood located in Kebon Jeruk area. The area is definitely not an "it-place" considering there are not many restaurants in the neighborhood. As you might know, I am not a big fan of seafood, but that doesn't mean I couldn't eat seafood at all. I could eat it as long as it does not have those annoying strong fishy smell (yes, I don't like seafood because of the smell) In fact, I am a big fan of deep-fried calamari and tempura as long as it's not overflowing with strong fishy smell.

As for the restaurant itself, it might be a little bit tricky to get here especially if you don't often travel to West Jakarta. You might want to get a help from the map I have provided at the end of this post, it is located not far from there.

Interior
Interior

The restaurant might be able to facilitate up to 80 people with its spacious and big dining area. Nothing much about the interior, it is just simple, neat and looks like common family restaurant. I also found that they pile up the plastic wrap(s) on the table, so they just have to remove and dispose each layer every time customer(s) finished eating. (efficient and effective, lol!)

First of all, I would like to introduce the best mate for eating seafood, "sambal"!

Sambal Arjuna (IDR 5k/item or IDR 25k/set)
Sambal Arjuna

As you probably know, most Indonesians had crush on chili sauce or "sambal". That's why this item is must-have for some people. Sambal Arjuna is combination of 6 chili sauce(s) which consists of sambal rujak, rica rica, terasi, dabu-dabu, petis and acar mangga. I was told that it is best to eat by mixing those 6 chili sauce(s) and it's true! As for me, I prefer the rica rica one as it had good consistency of spiciness and saltiness!

Sambal Arjuna

Now, let's get started with their (sea)food!

Kudu Kudu Fish (IDR 19.9k/ounce)
Kudu Kudu Fish

Most of the seafood here can be customized, you just have to choose your preferred seafood and cooking style. Most of the seafood could be grilled or fried and some of them could be steamed or made into soup as well. The Kudu Kudu Fish was deep fried and it tasted pretty delicious. It was tender and had minimal amount of fishy smell.

Red Snapper (IDR 19.9k/ounce)
Red Snapper

The Red Snapper was cooked with "cabe garam" (chili and salt) style. It tasted pretty decent as it was crispy enough and soft. The chili and salt also did a great job in adding spicy kick to the seafood although I would not complain if the seasoning were bolder.

Sukang (IDR 19.9k/ounce)
Sukang

The Sukang fish was grilled nicely and it tasted pretty delicious for me. I love the fact that they grilled it so well without being overcooked. It didn't have strong fishy smell and I am so in love with the texture of this fish!

Male Crab - Large (IDR 34.95k/Ounce)
Male Crab

We had two different kinds of crab dishes that day, one was grilled with padang sauce and one was grilled with black pepper sauce. Both tasted pretty delicious and had distinctive flavor, the padang sauce was strong enough, it had great combination of spicy, sweet and salty flavor while the black pepper was pretty great as well. If I had to choose, I would prefer the grilled crab with padang sauce as I couldn't stop admiring the consistency of the padang sauce!

Male Crab

Grilled Eggplant (IDR 35k)
Grilled Eggplant

The Grilled Eggplant was topped with chili sauce with teri (small and salty fish). I didn't get to try this one because I never liked eggplant, but my friend said that this one was good!

Pancet Shrimp - Jumbo (IDR 29.95k/portion)
Pancet Shrimp

The Pancet Shrimp was grilled with honey sauce and it tasted heavenly delicious! I always fond of shrimp and squid as both of them usually do not have strong fishy smell and I am so in love with this one. The shrimp was big and they were nicely marinated and grilled with honey sauce,. The meat was juicy and overflowing with sweetness from the honey. 

Pancet Shrimp

Overall, I had a great dinner at Seafood Arjuna, the seafood tasted pretty delicious, the place is nice and the service was great. The server had a great and extensive knowledge about their menu and it is a good thing indeed. The price might be a little high considering it is located in this neighborhood, but hey, I bet it is worth it considering the good quality of their seafood. I wish best of luck for Seafood Arjuna and thanks for having me!

Seafood Arjuna
Jl. Kebon Raya II No. 23, Kebon Jeruk, Jakarta
(021) 5662931

Opening Hours:
Mon - Sun : 11.00 - 22.00

Instagram

Get latest update on your feed!
Follow me on:
Instagram | Twitter


*Since I couldn't find their restaurant on the map, I've put map for another place which is nearby the restaurant*

No comments

Powered by Blogger.