[New Sunday Brunch] Scusa (Intercontinental Hotel, Jakarta)

Scusa

Scusa is an Italian fine-dining restaurant located at Intercontinental Hotel at Midplaza. If you are a loyal reader of Soompeat, you might recall that I have reviewed this place once back then. My last visit to Scusa was around last April to try the food made by their new executive chef, Chef Gianluca Visciglia from Milan. (you can read it here!) Apparently, they just launched the new concept of Sunday Brunch which is a unique combination of Italian fine-dining and family buffet concept.

Interior
Dessert
Dessert

The restaurant is quite big and spacious enough, I reckon they can accommodate up to 100 people. The dim lighting inside the restaurant gives off cozy ambiance and lighten up the fine-dining atmosphere. Not to mention that your brunch will also be accompanied by live band with great music. (cool!)

The price starts from IDR 395k++ per person which includes buffet with free flow juices, ice tea, ice lemon tea, coffee and tea. You can also opt to top up the package with IDR 75k++ for buffet with free flow soft drinks, IDR 175k++ for buffet with free flow beer and IDR 325k++ for buffet with free flow wine.

Oyster
Oyster
Oyster

An oyster will be given as an appetizer and I bet you could tell that the oyster was so fresh from the picture. Slices of lemon will be served along with the oyster to neutralize the fishy smell. The buffet selection consists of various appetizer, pasta, grilled meat or grilled seafood, dessert, fruits, crackers and selections of cheese. I have tried almost all of them and I have to say that the taste of their food was indeed delicious and some were super good!

Appetizer
Terrina di fegato grasso e riduziorie di mirtilli al porto
Terrina di fegato grasso e riduziorie di mirtilli al porto
Salmone marinato al limone e basilico

I bet most of you are aware that the unique thing about Italian dishes are their super long name. (long enough to make your tongue twisted, lol!)  The appetizer tasted pretty decent although I'm not so into foie gras, thankfully the brioche was really delicious!

Snack

I also tried one of the snack which is made from fried dough with spinach and cream as the filling. (it is almost in similar shape like 'pastel') It tasted pretty delicious and I personally love the fried dough, it was salty, savory and super delicious.

Pasta
Pappardelle with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Gnocchi with Tomato Sauce

As for the pasta, you can choose to order it from the counter or order it from the server. You can customize your own pasta with your selection of sauces. I tried Pappardelle with creamy mushroom sauce and truffle oil and Gnocchi with Tomato Sauce. Both of them tasted pretty good but I personally love the pappardelle with creamy mushroom sauce as it was rich in flavor and I love the hint from truffle oil in the dish!

Grilled Meat
Grilled Meat
Grilled Quail
Grilled Lobster

There were many selections of meat such as rib eye, lamb chop, beef tenderloin, chicken breast, quail, beef sausage, pork ribs and Italian pork sausage. As for the seafood, the selections are king prawns, rock lobster, baby lobster, tuna steak, squid and octopus. All of them tasted pretty delicious and I love how my meat was perfectly cooked medium rare!

Desserts
Chocolate and Hazelnut Gelato

As for the dessert, I tried their chocolate fondue and there were many selections starting from fruits, crackers, bread and marshmallow for the fondue. Plus point for the chocolate as it was milky and sweet which suited my palate! The chocolate and hazelnut gelato tasted heavenly delicious as well, it had perfect level of sweetness which makes you crave for more. (seriously I love their hazelnut gelato so much!!)

Chocolate Fountain

Overall, I had a great Sunday brunch at Scusa, most of the food had great quality and tasted delicious, the service was great and the place is nice. I have to say that the pricing was super affordable as with IDR 395k++ you can get all of those food with great quality and great taste. I definitely wouldn't mind to come back here to experience they Sunday brunch again. I wish best of luck for Scusa and thanks for having me!

Scusa
InterContinental Jakarta Midplaza Hotel, Jl. Jend. Sudirman, Sudirman, Jakarta
(021) 2510888

Opening Hours:
Mon - Sat : 11.30 - 14.30, 18.00 - 24.00
Sun : 11.30 - 15.00, 18.00 - 24.00

Instagram

Get latest update on your feed!
Follow me on:

No comments

Powered by Blogger.