Trip to Bukittinggi, West Sumatra - Day 2

Lembah Harau

(Howdy!)

Continuing my post about my travel experience to Bukittinggi earlier this month, I went to another interesting place on my second day. It's great that I found super delicious local food on the second day, though it was not a pleasant experience due to several reasons... (I am going to share it real soon!)

I woke up around 6 a.m. that day and I strolled around the hotel before I went to the restaurant to have breakfast. It's too bad that the weather was misty and foggy so I couldn't get clear picture about the scenery. I'm going to let the picture speak for itself!

Scenery
Garden
Pool
Pool
Pool
Garden
Flower

The restaurant is located just beside the pool and the garden and I recommend you to have breakfast at the outdoor area because the scenery was awesome! The swimming pool is not really big, but it was clean and no one was swimming at that time. (maybe because it's early in the morning) After strolling around the pool and garden for a while, I finally went to the restaurant to grab my big breakfast!

Breakfast
Breakfast

There are many selections of food starting from Indonesian to Western food, I tried their Javanese fried rice, sausage, potato, bread, cereal and sunny side up. All of them tasted pretty decent, it might not be the best, but it was good enough. I personally love the Javanese fried rice because it was so fragrant, delicious and flavorful.

My destination for the second day is Lembah Harau which took around 2 hour(s) from the hotel by bus.

Lembah Harau
Lembah Harau
Lembah Harau
Lembah Harau
Lembah Harau

The scenery in Lembah Harau was indeed amazing even though there were not many things to do here. Apparently, the places used to be one of the favorite places for people who would like to do rock climbing. As it's almost lunch time, I continued my journey to Pongek Situjuah restaurant which is located near Bukittinggi!

Food
Food
Food

I have to tell you that their food was awesome, the grilled chicken was superb, the "sate padang" (Padangnese satay) was heavenly delicious and the grilled ribs was awesome. Unfortunately, the service was really bad, maybe because it was super crowded at that time, but I remember that I have called the server for more than 6 times only to ask about my orange juice. (sigh!) Well, it would be perfect if the service was as good as their food.

Mie Aceh

(Moving on to the night snack!)

For the second day, I opted to try "Mie Aceh" as night snack which is located nearby the hotel. "Mie Aceh" is fried noodle with shrimp, egg and crackers. It was supposed to be spicy but in case you can't stand spicy food, you can ask them to tone down the spiciness. It tasted pretty decent although I believe it will be better if they put bolder flavor. Not the best "Mie Aceh" that I have ever had, but it was okay.

Stay tune to my next post about Trip to Bukittinggi, West Sumatra - Day 3!

Get latest update on your feed!
Follow me on:

No comments

Powered by Blogger.