Warung Bu Kris (Muara Karang, Jakarta)

Food

Warung Bu Kris is one of the pioneer(s) of "Ayam Penyet" (pressed fried chicken served with chili) originated from Surabaya. They already established several outlet(s) in Jakarta, Tangerang and Bekasi following their success in the hometown. I have to say that they serve one of the best "Ayam Penyet" in town. I often go to their new outlet at Muara Karang (previously at Pluit Permai) which is closest to where I live.

I didn't take the picture of the interior because it was quite crowded during my visit, but I can say that the interior was simple and dominated with wooden things with Javanese decoration. Perfect place to have proper family dinner although the lighting is quite dim here.

Let's get started with their food!

Nasi Bebek Goreng ala Bu Kris (IDR 45.5k)
Nasi Bebek Goreng ala Bu Kris

Nasi Bebek Goreng ala Bu Kris consists of fried duck, rice, serundeng, pencit chili and duck seasoning. I am not a huge fan of fried duck, but I have to say that this one tasted pretty delicious as the meat was tender and it didn't have bad smell. The duck seasoning was just perfect to be paired with the fried duck.

Nasi Bebek Goreng ala Bu Kris

Ayam Bakar Bumbu Rujak (IDR 18k)
Ayam Bakar Bumbu Rujak

Ayam Bakar Bumbu Rujak is grileed chicken served with "Rujak" seasoning. The chicken was perfectly grilled, tender and so flavorful. I bet this one will be perfect if you like bold seasoning for your grilled chicken!

Ayam Penyet (IDR 18k)
Ayam Penyet

Ayam Penyet is basically pressed fried chicken served along with chili. In case you can't stand spicy food, don't worry because you can choose the spiciness level by yourself starting from not spicy, mild, spicy and extra spicy. I have tried all of the spiciness level and I have to say that my favorite is the mild and spicy one. The taste was wonderful and I love how they perfectly fried their chicken and the chili. Try it yourself and let me know if you have same opinion like me!

Ayam Penyet
Ayam Penyet

Overall, I had an amazing dinner at Warung Bu Kris as usual, their food was perfect, the place is good and the service was good. The price was affordable as well considering the quality of their food. One thing that I love from Warung Bu Kris is their consistency, I have tried their food at different outlet(s) (including their outlet in Surabaya) and the taste was amazing as expected. Last but not least, I wish best of luck for Warung Bu Kris!

Warung Bu Kris
Jl. Muara Karang Raya No. 235 - 237, Muara Karang, Jakarta
0817 767163

Opening Hours:
Mon - Sun : 10.00 - 22.00


Get latest update on your feed!
Follow me on:

No comments

Powered by Blogger.