Mbah Jingkrak (Setiabudi, Jakarta)

Mbah Jingkrak

(Hello February!)

I know it has been so long since I posted article in Soompeat. (probably around a month, huh?) it's not like I don't want to write an article, but I literally have no time to write a decent blog post due to my hectic working schedule. (sigh!) As the first post in February, I would like to share about hidden gems in Setiabudi area, introducing an authentic Indonesian restaurant called Mbah Jingkrak!

Interior
Interior
Interior

The restaurant looks like a huge-and-old Javanese style house that has been converted to dining place. The interior might be a little spooky due to dim lighting and spooky decoration such as those masks hanging on the wall. The outdoor area might be better for you who prefer place with natural lighting although I do have one complaint about the outdoor area because of those super hungry mosquitoes! I mean, how can I eat peacefully while those mosquitoes sucking my blood?! I hope I am the only one who are unlucky enough to meet those group of mosquitoes that day...

Let's get started with their food!

Ayam Rambut Setan (IDR 24.5k)
Ayam Rambut Setan

Ayam Rambut Setan is one of the specialty menu in this restaurant, it is basically a fried chicken topped with chili. Although it might seem intimidating at first, it was not as spicy as what I thought it would be. The spiciness was just tolerable for me and I do wish they put a little more spicy kick to this signature menu!

Ayam Leak (IDR 23.5k)
Ayam Leak

Ayam Leak is another signature menu by Mbah Jingkrak, it is a lightly fried chicken topped with chopped onion, chopped chili and herbs. I prefer this one than the Ayam Rambut Setan because it tasted pretty similar with my favorite Balinese style chicken with "sambal matah". Yum!

Tempe Mendoan (IDR 9k)
Tempe Mendoan

Tempe Mendoan is basically thin tempeh battered with flour and then lightly fried. It is quite different form the usual fried tempeh as the texture was crispy and soft at the same time. Theirs were good although it was a bit oily.

Oseng Daun Pepaya (IDR 15k)
Oseng Daun Pepaya

Oseng Daun Pepaya is stir-fry papaya leaves with various spices. I'm not a big fan of vegetables and I found this one tasted pretty decent and okay.

Food

Overall, I had a good lunch at Mbah Jingkrak, (it would be better if there were no mosquitoes though..) the food was great, the place is nice and the service was good. If you are looking for authentic Indonesian food, especially if you love spicy food, you might want to try their menu. Best of luck for Mbah Jingkrak!

Mbah Jingkrak
Jl. Setiabudi Tengah No.11, Setiabudi, Jakarta

Opening Hours:
Mon - Sun : 10.00 - 22.30

Instagram

Get latest update on your feed!
Follow me on:

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.