Bali Travel Guide for Foodie!

Mocktail

(Happy Sunday!)

Finally, the wait is over as I finally got the power (and time) to write about my travel experience to Bali. (lol!) It's not like I didn't want to write this article sooner, it's just I didn't have any spare time recently due to work and other matters. I tried to compact the guide into one article, so I hope this guide will be useful for those (especially foodie!) who are planning to travel to Bali!

Beach

Bali is a popular holiday destination not only for tourists from foreign countries, but also for local people. I bet most of you have ever been to Bali at least once, as for me, I have been quite familiar with Bali since I spent most of my childhood there. (yes, I used to live in Bali) I always love Bali since they have unique culture and lots of great food!

Let's get started, shall we?

*Disclaimer: the sequence has nothing to do with rank*

#1 Nasi Ayam Kedewatan Ibu Mangku
Nasi Ayam Kedewatan

Nasi Ayam Kedewatan Ibu Mangku might be one of the most popular dishes in Bali as it doesn't contain pork which means this menu will be good for everyone. It basically consists of rice, shredded chicken, satay, veggies, chili and boiled egg. If you are not a spicy food lover, I have to warn you that this might be burning your tongue with its spiciness. As for me, it tasted pretty decent but it's not really special or memorable. 

Oh, and plus point for the interior, I really love the place in their outlet at Renon, they have outdoor area with fish pond and a lot of plant(s). I felt like I could spend hours resting (or maybe sleeping) here!

Where to find?
Jl. Tukad Badung No. 11, Denpasar, Bali


Interior

#2 Warung Nasi Ayam Ibu Oki
Nasi Ayam

Nasi Ayam Ibu Oki might be the best Balinese chicken rice that I have ever had in my life and I'm being pretty serious with this! It consists of shredded chicken, veggies, boiled egg, satay, chicken spices and drenched with chili sauce. Everything was great and I personally love the bold spicy kick from the chili sauce. Someone please send me this heavenly delicious food to my house right now!

Oh and if you are not into spicy food, you can request it to be non-spicy. 

Where to find?
Jl. Pantai Mengiat, Nusa Dua, Bali

#3 Ayam Betutu
Ayam Betutu

Ayam Betutu is literally chicken drenched with various spices and herbs which makes it become fragrant. I personally had a crush on Ayam Betutu as I love the certain flavor and smell from the spices. It usually served along with the delicious sambal matah, peanuts and veggies.

Ayam Betutu

Where to find?
Warung Nyoman
*You might also find these delicacies in other restaurants in Bali*

#4 Gusto Gelato
Gusto Gelato

Gusto Gelato might be one of the most popular destination for local tourist as they have become really popular with their delicious and affordable gelato. They have a lot of flavor selections starting from the weird kemangi to chocolate. I personally love their milk chocolate and green tea combination. 

Oh, and you can get 2 scoop(s) of their gelato for only IDR 24k!

Where to find?
Jalan Mertanadi No. 46B, Kuta Utara, Kabupaten Badung, Bali

Gusto Gelato

#5 Afternoon Tea at Gardin Bistro & Patisserie
Afternoon Tea Set

I'm quite hesitant to write about this restaurant because I experienced bad service during my visit here. (sigh!) The afternoon tea set should have come with the 'usual' afternoon tea plate, but they changed in because they ran out of plate. (what? I could barely see any customers back then) The food honestly tasted pretty great, but I didn't feel that great because of their poor service. 

Well, maybe it's just me being unlucky, but I don't think I have any reason to visit this place anymore in the future.

Where to find?
Jalan Petitenget No.106, Seminyak, Kuta, Kabupaten Badung, Bali

#6 Strawberry Madness at Bali Strawberry Farm
Strawberry Pizza

I do recommend you to visit the Bali Strawberry Farm if you happened to visit Bedugul area. During several season, you might be able to harvest your own strawberry. They also offer various kind of strawberry based dishes. The strawberry pizza was beyond amazing, it had a good combination of sweet, tangy, sour and salty flavor. The strawberry juice and milkshake also tasted pretty fresh and delicious!

Where to find?
Jl Raya Baturiti Bedugul

#7 Relaxing at Klapa Lounge Beach Club
Blue Ocean

If you are looking for a decent beach in Bali, you might want to visit Dreamland beach. The beach was pretty clean and it was not super crowded during my visit. Klapa Lounge Beach Club might not offer pretty much selection for dining, but they do offer good place for relaxing, swimming or enjoying the great view!

Oh, and the entrance fee is IDR 100k per person and you can use it to order food or drink.

Where to find?
Jl. New Kuta Beach, Pecatu Indah Resort, Kuta Selatan, Kabupaten Badung, Bali

Dreamland Beach

Overall, I had a great time at Bali and I will definitely come back for another culinary adventure there! See you on my next post and I hope you enjoy reading my post! 

Tanah Lot
Pura Ulun Danu
Nusa Dua Beach

Get latest update on your feed!
Follow me on:

No comments

Powered by Blogger.