What to do (and eat!) in Singapore?


It's been a while since I've gone to Singapore (I think it's been more than 2 years since my last visit) and finally I got the chance to visit this lovely country once again last month. If you follow my Instagram, I bet you have known about my short trip there as I've shared bunch of delicious and appetizing food. (in form of picture, for sure.. lol)


I went to most of the touristy places (as expected) and I was pretty satisfied with my short but enjoyable trip. In case you are hesitating to go on solo trip to Singapore, well you don't have to because Singapore is well known as one of the safest city in South East Asia. It's really easy to get around the city as they had great transportation scheme. (MRT, Bus, etc) As long as you can speak decent English (or Mandarin) then you're good to go!



Now let's get started with the guide, shall we?

#1 Relive your childhood memories at Universal Studios Singapore

I visited Singapore during its rainy season which might be good or bad, the good thing is it's not super hot and humid, but you might get drenched if you don't bring umbrella everywhere. I have to say that I'm pretty lucky because it wasn't raining at all when I went to Universal Studio Singapore. (can you imagine if it's raining?) I enjoyed most of the rides (especially the extreme rides) and I manage to ride almost all the attraction because it was not super crowded during my visit.

There are several rides (mostly the extreme ones) that didn't allow you to bring any luggage with you, in case you are going there alone, don't worry because they provide free locker for certain period of time (usually around 30 minutes, but it will be adjusted according to the waiting time for respective rides) to store your belongings.

Make sure to note the time for each street show as well!

How much?
Adult - S$74
Child - S$56

How to get there?
You can take MRT to Harbour Front station (Vivo City) and take Sentosa Express for S$4

Tips?
Avoid weekend and national holiday!





#2 Enjoy local delicacies at Lau Pa Sat
Cereal Prawn

(Have you ever tried stingray-based dish before?)

I was introduced by a friend of mine (thanks Jasmine!) to this place called Lao Pa Sat, it's basically a gigantic hawker centre with huge selection of food. I tried one of the iconic dish called BBQ Sambal Stingray, which is basically grilled stingray topped with chili sauce. It tasted indescribably delicious and had nice texture without being overly spicy!

How much?
S$10 - S$50 for Food

How to get there?
You can take MRT to Telok Ayer station and walk

Tips?
Avoid crowd during lunch or dinner time

BBQ Sambal Stingray

#3 Beat the heat with good Soft Ice Cream!
A photo posted by Paulus Tjia | #Soompeat (@paulustjia) on


Have you ever imagined the humidity of Singapore during its sunny day? It will make you sweat for good enough that you will crave for something cool and refreshing. Therefore, soft ice cream is the best way to beat the heat! I tried the Green Apple Ice Cream and Chocolate Ice Cream from McDonalds (which is not available yet in my country) and both tasted pretty decent especially considering it's only around 1 dollars!


The best ice cream that I've tried in Singapore probably goes to this Hokkaido Melon Soft Ice Cream which is sold by humble stall near Merlion Park. It was seasonal flavor and the auntie was generous enough to give me huge amount of soft ice cream for only 5 dollars!

Hokkaido Melon Soft Ice Cream

How much?
S$1 - S$5

How to get there?
You can find it on all McDonalds in Singapore

Tips?
Enjoy it while it's cold!

#4 Devour more food at local food court!
Fried Hokkien Prawn Mee

I always love everything in Singapore including its delicacies, it was my first time trying Fried Hokkien Prawn Mee and I'm sold! Everything inside the plate was literally heavenly good and I love the idea to add oily chili sauce to elevate the flavor. The Char Kway Teow tasted pretty decent despite being too oily.

How much?
S$5 - S$10

How to get there?
You can find it on most of the shopping mall in Singapore

Tips?
Make sure to bring the food on your own!

Char Kway Teow


One thing that I love from travelling is that I could find a lot of unique or strange snacks that is not available yet in my country. I managed to buy one pumpkin pudding flavored KitKat and I freaking love the unique flavor!


How much?
S$2 - S$20 depends on the type of snack

How to get there?
You can find it on most of the shopping mall in Singapore

Tips?
Make sure to consider whether you can bring those snacks along with you!

Cute and Fat Kitten!

I think that's all that I could share about my last short trip to Singapore, I hope the information will be helpful to you and don't hesitate to contact me if you would like to ask anything, I'll be happy to help!

See you on my next trip!

Get latest update on your feed!
Follow me on:

No comments

Powered by Blogger.