12 Must-Try Street Food in Thailand


I just can't believe that it will be 2017 in less than 2 days, like seriously. I have been thinking about what kind of article should I write as the last post for 2016 and I decided to write about food guide of my recent (I guess, lol) trip to Thailand! (yay!) I went to 4 big cities in Thailand during my last trip which are Phuket, Hua Hin, Pattaya and Bangkok, and of course I tried various Thai cuisine from these cities which I'm going to share!

Sanctuary of Truth


As you can see from the picture above, I traveled to a lot of places such as the divine Sanctuary of Truth in Pattaya, super famous Phi-Phi Island in Phuket and Santorini Park in Hua Hin. I do recommend you to visit the Sanctuary of Truth if you visit Pattaya, aside being well-known as the city for nightlife, I was really amused by their handcrafted temple. (keep in mind that it has not been finished yet as of now so you might encounter several workers there)

People said that you've never been to Thailand unless you experience the night market and the street food because Thailand has so many street food to offer. There are a lot of fancy cafes as well but there's something exotic and special about street food, don't you think so? Oh and be prepared to be drenched in sweat as the weather in Thailand was hot and humid especially in the summer time.

Let's move on to the food guide, shall we?

#1 Pork Satay
Pork Satay

Pork Satay is one of my favorite street food(s) as it's simply delicious, fragrant, not to mention that it's really cheap as well. There are several varieties of pork satay, I've tried the one coated with sweet sauce and another one with curry sauce.

How much?
THB 10-20

Where to find?
Almost everywhere in Thailand, just look for satay stall on the street

#2 Watermelon Slushie

The instagenic dessert can be found in several places and I've got mine at Cicada Market in Hua Hin area. Seriously, you have to visit Cicada Market because it's real huge, organised and have tons of great food.

How much?
THB 50

Where to find?
Cicada Market, Hua Hin

#3 Chicken Rice

There's something special about the chicken rice in Thailand, probably because of the spices and sauce that they used. I'm just loving those crispy chicken!

How much?
THB 40

Where to find?
Humble stall near Hua Hin train station

#4 Fruit Juice
Fruit

Fruit juices will always be great to beat the heat and you have to try their fruit juices at least once. There's something special about their mango that's different from the usual mango in Indonesia.

How much?
THB 30-60

Where to find?
Almost in every night market in Thailand

#5 Skewered Meat

Who can resist those sight? Various skewered meat(s) are displayed on the stall and waiting for you to grab them. Cheap and delicious indeed!

How much?
THB 10-40

Where to find?
Almost in every night market in Thailand, I bought mine at night market in Phuket

#6 Pad Thai
Pad Thai

One of the iconic Thai cuisines, Pad Thai is basically fried noodles or rice noodles with veggies, meat and Thai sauce. It tasted simply delicious and leave a clean taste afterward. Are they using magical wok to create this goodness?

How much?
THB 40

Where to find?
Almost in every night market in Thailand, I bought mine at night market in Phuket

#7 Tom Yum Goong

Another iconic Thai cuisine, Tom Yum Goong is basically Thai-style hot creamy soup served with cilantro, herbs and various seafood. Actually, it's not that spicy as you thought, if you can stand eating Balinese food, this one will be easy for you.

How much?
THB 80

Where to find?
Almost in every night market in Thailand, I bought mine at night market in Phuket

#8 Noodle Soup
Noodle Soup

Honestly, I was taken aback when this food was served, I mean just look at those bloody red soup and I could even spot pig's blood inside. I'm not a big fan of intestines and blood but surprisingly this one tasted pretty decent. I'm loving the fish cakes and fried tofu inside the soup along with the springy noodle.

How much?
THB 50

Where to find?
Phuket Old Town

#9 Kuay Chap

Another intimating dish that I had, I always thought kuay chap would be like the famous instant kuay chap that I used to have with clear and peppery soup. This one is definitely not my cup of tea as it had strong herbal flavor and fully filled with various intestines.

How much?
THB 60

Where to find?
Platinum Shopping Mall Food Court

#10 Pork Noodle Soup

The pork noodle soup consists of instant noodle or rice noodle, pork meat and herbs. It tasted pretty delicious and this one definitely suit my palate. If you couldn't stand the strong smell of their herbs, do tell them not to put too much of it.

How much?
THB 60

Where to find?
- Humble street food stall in Pattaya beach (picture above)
- Restaurant in Hua Hin near the bus stop (picture below)

#11 Convenience Store Snack
Kit Kat

You can never miss going to convenience store when you visit another country, because they always have so much different and unique items.

How much?
Various

Where to find?
Family Mart, Seven Eleven and other convenience store across Thailand

#12 Crispy Pork Rice

I freaking love crispy pork and I'm glad that there are a lot of restaurants that serves crispy pork over rice in Thailand. A must-have for pork lovers!

How much?
THB 70

Where to find?
Almost in every night market in Thailand, I bought mine at secluded night market in Pattaya

Carbonara Pie

I guess that's all that I could share and I do hope these information will help you especially for those who are planning to go to Thailand sometimes soon. If you have any questions, you can drop me an email or comment below, I'd be happy to help!

I'd like to wish Happy New Year 2017 for all of the readers and I'll see you guys on the next post in 2017 with more food and travel experience!

Cheers,
Paulus

Get latest update on your feed!
Follow me on:

No comments

Powered by Blogger.