Pondok Ikan Bakar Khas Kalimantan (Tapos, Depok)



As a food blogger, many people think that I only dine and eat at fancy restaurant with steep price and to be honest, that's quite frustrating for me. In fact, I don't mind to eat at humble stall on the street as long as the food is good and I really love finding hidden gems. Talking about hidden gems, have you ever heard about this legendary "Grilled Catfish in Bamboo"? It's one of specialty dish from Pondok Ikan Bakar Khas Kalimantan. It is located at Tapos area, if you come from Jakarta, you can take the exit at Cimanggis gate and you'll arrive here without any problem!



The restaurant itself is quite big and spacious, I reckon they could accommodate up to 100 people in total. I do recommend you to make reservation especially if you are planning to come on weekend because despite it hidden and remote location, the restaurant usually fully filled with crowd. I know it might be hard to believe, but you will believe it once you tried their food. Like people said, there must be a reason why the restaurant is packed with people.

Let's get started with their food!

Ikan Patin Bakar Bambu / Grilled Catfish in Bamboo (IDR 140k/kg)
Grilled Catfish in Bamboo


Grilled Catfish in Bamboo is their specialty food which is basically marinated catfish tucked inside bamboo and then grilled to perfection. The spices that they use to marinate the catfish was indeed special, it was a tad spicy and flavorful. Even better, it managed to get rid the fishy smell of the fish itself. I might not be a big fan of seafood, but strangely, I love this dish.

Mix your rice along with the catfish spice and they indescribable "Sambal Mangga" (Mango Chili). You're going to taste heaven in your mouth! (beware as the chili was quite spicy)

Mango Chili

Karedok (IDR 15k)
Karedok

Karedok is raw mixed vegetable salad drenched in peanut sauce. Not a big fan of veggies (especially the raw one), but this one tasted pretty decent with strong peanut flavor.

Kelapa Muda / Young Coconut Drink (IDR 15k)
Young Coconut Drink


The Young Coconut Drink was served in a huge glass and served along with sugar syrup so you can adjust the sweetness by yourself. The coconut was fresh and refreshing with generous amount of coconut flesh.

Young Coconut Drink

Overall, I had a wonderful lunch at Pondok Ikan Bakar Khas Kalimantan, the food tasted wonderful, the place is nice and the service was okay. By the time I write this post, I have been to this place for 3 times, I guess that describes how good the place is. Best of luck!

Pondok Ikan Bakar Khas Kalimantan
Jl. Raya Tapos No. 1, Tapos, Depok
(021) 87911037

Opening Hours:
Mon - Sun : 10.00 - 20.00

Get latest update on your feed!
Follow me on:

No comments

Powered by Blogger.