Best Donburi (Rice Bowl) in Jakarta!



Donburi is a Japanese term for rice bowl dish which consists of meat, vegetables and rice served inside the bowl. I don't know since when, but I'm going crazy about donburi lately and that's why I decided to make a quick guide on the best donburi in Jakarta! Let's get started with the guide, shall we? (oh, now I'm getting hungry and craving for donburi!) 

1. OKU Jakarta

OKU is a Japanese restaurant located at Hotel Indonesia Kempinski at the heart of Jakarta and they served one of the best donburi out there which is the Truffle Gyu Don! This one tasted superb with a strong flavor of truffle oil and tender meat, not to mention that the onsen egg was perfect. It priced at IDR 650k++ for three-courses meal and I do think that it's quite worth it though!

Address:
OKU
Hotel Indonesia Kempinski, Jl. MH. Thamrin, Thamrin, Jakarta

2. Yakitori Box


Yakitori Box is a new Japanese restaurant located at Gandaria City (although they already had their first outlet at Standard Chartered Tower). They served various donburi with Japanese skewers or known as yakitori. It tasted pretty decent for IDR 60k and I personally liked the texture and consistency of their rice!

Address:
Yakitori Box
Gandaria City, Lantai Lower Ground, Jl. Sultan Iskandar Muda, Gandaria, Jakarta

3. Donburi Ichiya
Ontama Yakitori

Donburi Ichiya is a Japanese restaurant specialized in serving various kind of donburi and they already established around 7 outlets in Jakarta. I tried the Ontama Yakitori (IDR 52k) which is a grilled chicken thigh served with oozing ontama egg and garlic butter sauce. I personally though that their donburi had pretty mild taste and I've to add extra amount of spices and chili to elevate the flavor. Although the original Japanese donburi should have been like this, I guess Indonesian prefer the one that had stronger taste, right?

Donburi Ichiya
Lippo Mall Puri @ The St. Moritz, Lantai Lower Ground, Jl. Puri Indah Boulevard Blok U No. 1, Puri Indah, Jakarta

4. Abura Soba Yamatoten 


Abura Soba Yamatoten might specialized in serving soba, but did you know that they have great selection of donburi as well? My favorite would be the Aburi Chashu Don with extra Ontama (IDR 77k). The chashu had a perfect texture and I love how they manage to put strong flavor to the meat, mix it along with the oozing onsen egg and you'll get a perfect bowl of happiness!

Abura Soba Yamatoten
PIK Avenue Mall, Lantai 2, Foodtown Dotonburi, Jl. Pantai Indah Kapuk, Pantai Indah Kapuk, Jakarta

5. Yoshinoya

Yoshinoya is probably the most famous fast-food style Japanese restaurant that serves donburi as they had more than 40 outlets around Jakarta. My favorite would be the Egg Mayo Beef Rice Bowl (IDR 51k) with creamy egg mayo sauce that might sounds overwhelming to someone but I love it so much!

Yoshinoya
Ciputra World, Lotte Shopping Avenue, Lantai 4, Food Avenue, Jl. Prof Dr Satrio, Karet, Jakarta

6. Waroeng Mama Ong

Waroeng Mama Ong serves various fusion food including the Beef Mushroom Rice Bowl which consists of marinated beef topped with thick mushroom sauce, salad, sunny side up and crackers. If you wanted to try good fusion Japanese food that has been localized, I do recommend you to try this one as it was unexpectedly pretty great!

Waroeng Mama Ong
Ruko Simprug Gallery, Jl. Teuku Nyak Arif 10, Blok M, Jakarta

Pvblic Bistro & Bar
Gyutan Don with Egg

Pvblic Bistro & Bar is a bistro and bar located at Pantai Indah Kapuk area and they specialized in serving various cuisine including Asian. The Gyutan Don with Soft Boiled Egg (IDR 58k) was pretty intriguing and I love how they made those perfect soft-boiled egg!

Pvblic Bistro & Bar
Ruko Elang Laut, Blok M1 No. 33-33A, Jl. Pantai Indah Selatan, Pantai Indah Kapuk, Jakarta

I think that's all that I could share about the best donburi that I've ever found in Jakarta, if you have recommendation, please do tell me as I'd love to try it! I hope you guys find this guide useful and let's eat!

Get latest update on your feed!
Follow me on:




No comments

Powered by Blogger.