OKU (Hotel Indonesia Kempinski, Jakarta)



OKU is a Japanese fine-dining restaurant located at Hotel Indonesia Kempinski at the heart of Jakarta. As one of the premium restaurants located at premium location, OKU aims to serve best and authentic Japanese food. In this holy month, the restaurant had special Iftar Bento package that starts from IDR 650k++ for three-courses meal including tajil and hot or cold tea.

Table

The restaurant itself is quite big and spacious with several VIP rooms available. The interior was beautifully decorated with wooden material that gives off Japanese restaurant vibe with dim lighting to enhance its luxury. The Iftar Bento set was served in a wooden tray with wooden lunch box which was pretty and artistic. It consists of following menu:



There are 4 main courses that you can select which are Truffle Gyu Don, Chicken Teriyaki Don, Salmon Teriyaki and Sukiyaki. I tried their best seller and recommended dishes which was Truffle Gyu Don with runny onsen egg.

Truffle Gyu Don

As what I've expected, the Truffle Gyu Don tasted superb with a strong flavor of truffle oil and tender meat, not to mention that the onsen egg was perfect.


Truffle Gyu Don Set

As for the sides, I personally love the Oku Aburi Salmon Roll as it had perfect texture and it just melted in my mouth. The salmon flavor was quite subtle and I love how it did not taste fishy at all. It has a spicy mayonnaise sauce which gives a spicy kick.

Oku Aburi Salmon Roll
Sukiyaki Set

I bet most of you probably have known the so-called Oku Karaage because it was one of their signature dishes. The black karaage tasted pretty satisfying for the eye and for the palate. It had a perfect crispness that everyone would love!

Oku Karaage
Salmon Teriyaki Set

Overall, I had an amazing dinner at OKU, their food tasted amazingly delicious, the service was superb and the place is great. I've never been so happy to eat food for so long and I'm glad that OKU exceeded my expectation with their amazing food. I always love food that has great visual and taste and I'd say that OKU has it all!

Last but not least, thanks for having me and I wish best of luck for OKU! :)

Sukiyaki

OKU
Hotel Indonesia Kempinski, Jl. MH. Thamrin, Thamrin, Jakarta

Opening Hours:
Mon - Sun : 12.00 - 15.00 ; 18.00 - 22.30

Instagram

Get latest update on your feed!
Follow me on:

No comments

Powered by Blogger.